Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candlepins

Do candle pins wear out? They seem impervious to those small balls....LOL. Never hear of any candlepins cracking or anything...
    --- SteveJT66

82/70's,kickers,Kegel Kustodian

I have broke a few in my day, snaped the ends off them

Comment

They were probably the wooden ones right? I'm also wondering if anyone broke the totally synthetic ones?
      --- SteveJT66

82/70's,kickers,Kegel Kustodian

Comment

I have some broken ones. Target pins seem to only last 20 or 30 years and Garlands only 40 or 50 years. You can tell which is which because the Target pins have ends that are obviously separate pieces and the Garlands appear to be made as one piece.

Comment

"Only" 40-50 years?

Comment

Steve, 3 pins on left are Garland, 4th is American or Target, 5th is probably very early Target wood plastic coated pin. the 2nd and 3rd from left you can see how they crack and the end falls out ( I had put wood plugs in to fill the hole so they would stand and I could use them ). P1010002 (2).jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

I will snap a pic in the morning, I have one I broke, it broke the end cap off and cracked down the end, not sure how old these would be

Comment

They shatter or the endcaps get smashed off/in eventually usually from getting hammered when they're felled on the deck and being played as a wood shot. Most houses I bowl at just use them until they break, occasionally rotating sets in and out for cleaning and re-taping the red bands. Usually if you run them through a buffer they clean up like new.

Many bowlers prefer older pins that have thousands of games on them as the edges of the ends get rounded over slightly, causing them to score slightly better. Every little bit helps in this game.
                "Oil patterns?!? We don't need no stinkin' oil patterns!"

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X