Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo/Video request

Hello candlepin folk! Pending my acquisition of scale candlepins (I'm having difficulty contacting the individual who can fabricate them) I'd like to start formulating ideas about a pinsetter. At the moment I'm just thinking of semi-automatic. What I'd like to see in the form of photos and/or videos is the mechanism for lowering and raising the table. I've never seen the back-end details of a Bowl-Mor Candlepin machine in person (which is surprising) but I have seen some general videos but nothing in great detail. From what I can tell it seems there are at least two rods extending from the table guided by thrust bearings. A cable or chain raises and lowers the table. What drives said cable or chain? Would love to see something in detail to give me ideas.

Thanks!
    Dave

I think that part of it is very similar to a GSX, with guide tubes, rollers, and lowered by chain driven by a crank/pulley/sprocket setup.

The rest of it I don't know, it is difficult finding vids for this stuff.

Comment

Tablejam: Yes...very difficult finding videos indeed! But, since I live in New England I have no excuse for not seeing a candlepin pinsetter up close and personal!
      To "Candlepin_Guy" (Nick): If anyone has the enthusiasm to make the video, it's YOU!

Well, I do have some ideas of my own so let's see where that bumpy road takes me...

Comment

http://imageshack.us/user/mrbadwrench
        Feel free to steal any of my imageshack pics and check later for new ones. I don't have anything there yet showing what you want. On the issue of cables versus chains, everyone who pinchases machines with cables wants to replace them with chains. If anythings stops the tube deck from going down and allows slack in the cables, the cables come off the pulleys and tangle into a mess.

Comment

Five fresh pics of the tube deck lowering system. Here is the first of them. You can find the others at my imageshack link above.

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Maybe able to shoot a vid tonight Davect. Headin' over to work soon!

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the video! That's similar to what I had mind.

Comment

Nice looking pinsetters Candlepin_guy

Comment

Thanks House. I wish I could take credit for em but Im just the equivilent of a pinchaser and all the mods and upgrades were done long before I even started working at this centre. I just keep em clean and do simple fixes/maintenence on em. Speaking of which, Ive been slacking and gotta give em a good cleaning soon!

Nick

Comment

Another question! What is guiding the guide rods on the tube board? Perhaps a linear bearing something like this (but larger)? http://www.amazon.com/Amico-Flanged-...982121&sr=1-70

Comment

You have the right idea. The rod is 1" diameter steel and the guide is a 1" ID steel pipe with a round flange welded to it and a larger rectangular steel plate bolted to it on top of the upper deck. Steel to steel means the rods have to be kept well greased. Inexperienced pin chasers frequently grease themselves on the rods. If you could use smooth steel rods sliding through nylon you might be able to do without the grease.

Comment

I can't count how many times Ive been working on the bottom tubeboard and accidently brushed my face against the guide rods... End up looking like I'm going into battle with war paint.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X