Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New design for pushing latch finger assy forward

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New design for pushing latch finger assy forward

    Problem: Some cams on latch finger assemblies are worn from lack of lubrication.
    Problem: Some rear crossmembers of sweep frames are bent or broken because of neglect and years of frequent jams.
    Problem: Some latch finger assemblies are bent up at the #5 and rear pin positions.

    Solution:




    The lever keeps all forward and rear force contained in the tube deck and changes it to upward force against the upper deck. The spring loaded rod mounted in the upper deck never moves during normal operation but the spring will compress in the event of a jam to keep parts from wearing or breaking.

  • #2
    So does this new design replace the cam so the cam would not be needed anymore ?

    Comment


    • #3
      That cam was worn so much it needed 1 1/2" or 2" of shims behind the striker plate on the sweep frame. I removed all the shims and reinstalled the striker plate. The cam is now doing nothing. The cam can now be removed or left in place.

      Comment


      • #4
        That is nice! I LIKE THAT! Well done.

        Looks like a deck jam tube spring

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by House View Post

          Looks like a deck jam tube spring
          You are correct, sir. I cut it to 6" long. It had already been cut to 7" long and used as a lift rod helper spring. Having it over the regular lift rod spring made it pull straight instead of crooked like other helpers, but still added too much pressure. Rod cover was splitting. You can also see a 12-150158 at the bottom of the spring. The angle brackets and wood blocks attaching the hinge to the tube deck used to hold a cable pulley to move the tube deck up and down. New materials were 1/8" X 1" X 1" angle, 1/8" X 1 flat stock, and 3/8" threaded rod.

          Comment


          • #6

            http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...l=1#post565090
            The second version is up and running.

            Comment


            • #7
              DSCF0763.JPG
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                My pictures seem to have disappeared so I just reuploaded them.

                Comment


                • #9
                  DSCF1692.JPG I found the weak point in my design. The hole in the upper deck wears and the threaded rod going through it tilts. My solution is a 3/8" pipe flange, a 3/8" X 3" pipe nipple, and four 1/4" X 1 1/2 bolts.


                  DSCF1693.JPG
                  Attached Files

                  Comment

                  Topic Starter RibbonScript

                  Collapse

                  Adsense Classic 2

                  Collapse

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                   

                  Help-broken Part

                  my crew was clearing a pin jam when the part fell on to the pin-deck. no enough experience to know where this is or what it's called. looking for help so we can order the part...
                   

                  Qubica VDB Battery Replacement Part 2.

                  Greeting all.
                  I am sharing a link for a video, part 2, on how I replaced the battery in a Qubica VDB unit.
                  Thanks for looking.
                  Bolton454
                   

                  Pin Damage

                  I have GSX pinsetters just over one year old. Just one of my machines is causing this damage to my pins. I have already adjusted the pin deflector boards to cover the bottom bolts...
                   

                  Making TDM's adjustable.

                  I have some machines that the time delay cycles like right now when machine is triggered instead of the 3 sec delay. Would like to put in a potentiameter to correct this. Does...
                   

                  Gold Crown Masking Unit

                  Here are some photos of a Brunswick Gold Crown single masking unit that I refurbished. I stripped off the old orange vinyl skin and used it to make a template for the new green...
                  Working...
                  X