Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q-bowling pinsetter

I was just wondering if anyone lives near one of those amusement places that has Q-bowling, I think I heard that somewhere in Florida has a few lanes, and want to know if someone could video one of those pinsetters in action for a few minutes to see how they operate. Those are cool machines, and just wonder how the parts interact. They look very close to AMF 82-70's. I wish there were more places that had Q-bowling, it looks fun!!!
    --- SteveJT66

82/70's,kickers,Kegel Kustodian

All I can find are some crappy Youtube videos that don't show much at all, I would love to see more.

Comment

Yeah, I have one video, starts out by showing someone shooting from the front, then goes to the back, and then back to the front again. The whole video is about 30 seconds, and that's all. not very clear either......It's like they put vaseline on the lens.... I think that would take off....several of us should go in on a business investment and start up a small center of about 12 lanes...Heck...I thought it would be neat to have something like that : 12 lanes of Q-bowling, 4 pool tables, an 18 hole mini golf course, basketball shooting cages, bar of course, and several dart boards, and a few good video games......That would be a cool place...and even those Qubica mini lanes I guess, since there's no 1/2 scale pinsetter for our pins.....but that would be a fun place! A real sports bar!

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
      All I can find are some crappy Youtube videos that don't show much at all, I would love to see more.
      --- SteveJT66

82/70's,kickers,Kegel Kustodian

Comment

Those were my babies several years ago. My job was to interface different scoring on them so they could be added as additional lanes at the front desk. We loved them. Had them in my shop for several years to both interface them, and offer mods to make them more dependable. Actually sold some and installed them, but since then, the $ backers abandoned me.
        Wish all the principals would have continued to support them.
        I still have the short video on my web site. Perhaps that's the one refered to that shows some front and machine operating views. I cropped it from the manufacturers video.
        Since it was a pinspotter, it needed attention - like any pinspotter did. Some thought it should be maintenenace free like a video game - NOT. So, the folks we tried it for didn't want to maintain it. We even made it token operated so you could sell tokens at any price.
        The only thing that came of it was the design of the new QAMF XLiEdge pin elevator. It was designad after the Qbowl machine elevator.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

that's what i thought about the new XLi Edge few years ago when i was watching the video at your web-site(Ted)

Comment

I mentioned the Edge elevator design looked familiar too.... that's funny.

I would love to have a mini lane with one of these Q bowling machines, that would be so awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
              Those were my babies several years ago.
              The only thing that came of it was the design of the new QAMF XLiEdge pin elevator. It was designad after the Qbowl machine elevator.
              Hopefully there was some kudos for you sense you have created the next best thing in pinspotter land.
              70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
              Prolane Walker sport

Comment

This is all I can find....

http://samsaeng.en.ec21.com/Q_Bowlin...7_1005349.html

And on this site...

http://www.qbowling.net/english/introduction.html

there are two videos but I can't get them to play, I'll post them anyway.

http://www.qbowling.net/english/view...eo=data/qm.asf
                http://www.qbowling.net/english/view...ta/qbowl02.wmv

This pic really shows how small this machine is, it's so cool, I want one!

Last edited by Tablejam; 03-05-2012, 04:41 AM.

Comment

I've been to that factory southwest of Seoul. It is where I learned of the specifics of the circuitry and mechanical design. This machine was actually a 1/3 scale of their full sized 3 phase pinspotter, which I don't think ever saw the light of day outside S Korea. Even the full sized machine's motors were replaced with small 3 phase gear motors - primarily for reversing purposes. Tablejams top photo is actually one of their full sized machines.
                  The control chassis is a single board of logic citcuits, no PLC or microprocessor. Switch closures controlled it for strike cycles from the scorer, not unlike the Via and Xima (Chinese) machines.
                  In the photo with the red carpet, one of my partners is seeing these for the first time, leading him to get the US distributorship. In the last photo, the designer and builder of the machine, Mr. Kim, is on the left. He also owns the factory. His buisness was built on cultivating machines for ginsing. Have no idea where bowling entered his fray.
                  The second from the left is Mr Min, he had exclusive worldwide marketing of the Qbowling and was the one I had to deal with.
                  The blue motor on top is the distributor motor. It advances the distributor on a chain that has tabs welded on top of the chain in certain positions so it stops at each position in the bin.
                  Ah the memories........

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                    Tablejams top photo is actually one of their full sized machines.
                    I thought that one looked familiar and it even looks like it has full size pins in the table as you can see the ABC logo. I have seen that machine before.

Comment

Bumpers were optional....

Comment

I did put bumpers on one in my shop.
                        bumperHandle.JPGBumpersDeployed.jpgDSCN0074.jpg

I have tons of photos and video.
                        Attached Files

Comment

^Oh please oh please, post them!

Comment

Well, the attached thumbnail labeled machine3 was the machine that was copied by a Bulgarian factory. I took the photo with the proud machinists and engineers who copied th Korean version for the Italians. I wrote an evaluation with sugggestions on what they had done.
                            Although impressed with the low voltage reversable motors that wouldn't require CE or UL listing, they used the original control board, saying they needed time to integrate to the PLC. PLCs are the microprogrammable controllers that run your Kegel lane machines. PLCs also control the VIA and Xima pinspotters.

Comment

What is the cost of one of these units? I would love to see the videos of this in action. It looks like there are at least 5 motors in the mainframe alone. Very curious to see how this machine works.
                              If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse