Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball problems

I have A2's with the new AP foam LR covers. On two lanes we have balls jumping track and getting stuck between the rods and frame causing the balls to get damaged by ball wheel.... Any thoughts?

Did you use the foam down around the bottom curve of the short side? If not, the urethane corner piece may be flat on the bottom. I had one that was flat and worked fine until I put on a more aggressive kicker. I got some white foam plastic kickers and added an 18" piece to the ball wheel instead of only using cork and it started throwing high traction balls there. I replaced the corner piece and that solved it.

Comment

All the caps are new and we just replaced all the kickers (still using cork)

Comment

Try a ball jam eliminator Quality # 12-8681 and cut off the extension nipple.

Comment

Sorry guys I was going by info from my night mechanic... It looks like the ball is going up and then falling off into pit cushion and wedging between pit cushion and lift rods getting eaten by the ball wheel there

Comment

Make sure the ball wheel guide rollers are adjusted correctly especially the 7 pin side. Remove tension from the ball wheel belt and check adjustments. Check your pit frame to ball wheel adjustment on the affected lanes. Ball should drop down onto the ball wheel. If the frame and ball wheel are at the same height the ball could be carried forward into the lift rods before its settled in the middle of the lift rods. Check bushings in clapper box, the bushing in the support for the spring rod and the spring rod itself for wear.

Comment

Is it going all the way up the lift rods and falling off as it transfers to the ball track? Odd lane or even? Do you have the regular spring on the lift rods or are you using helper springs?

Comment

Lift rods could be bent from recovering, have had a few cases where i had to go back and heat up the rod and bend back into place. Watch your lift rods as balls go up, you could see the lift rods spreading apart and letting ball jump off. Double check lift rod adjustments, have also had my night guys adjust the lift rods so high that this would happen.

If the rods are spreading apart, someone I think quality, sells a clamp that you place on the rods and can adjust to help stop this.
                Ignorance is Bliss!

Comment

I'd also be looking at the flanges for all the ballwheel rollers -- if one of them is missing, the ballwheel could be shifting and letting the ball fall out of the rods.

Comment

Originally posted by KPADS View Post
                    Lift rods could be bent from recovering, have had a few cases where i had to go back and heat up the rod and bend back into place. Watch your lift rods as balls go up, you could see the lift rods spreading apart and letting ball jump off. Double check lift rod adjustments, have also had my night guys adjust the lift rods so high that this would happen.

If the rods are spreading apart, someone I think quality, sells a clamp that you place on the rods and can adjust to help stop this.
                    The adjustable clamp doesn't open as much as the original Brunswick clamp. Using them puts you on the road to replacing the set screw in the clapper block with something longer and adding helper springs. Use Lonnie's lift rod adjustment system instead. I do it differently but I get the same result and I never made it into a formal system so I recommend doing it his way. Modify it to suit your taste as long as the lift rods are spread out and low and the ball tracks on the middle of the wheel all the way up.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse