Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Turret Frame Isn’t Lifting Freely

Hey all,

Curious if anyone has had this issue and knows a potential cause.

I just had a turret frame break clean off in the back by the micro switch. Pulled it and rebuilt with a used frame, all seems good, machine runs just fine. Only issue I’m finding is that when testing the turret jam switch, the turret lifts maybe a 1/2 inch if that, enough to trip the switch, but something seems to be holding it up from going past that point.

This problem doesn’t occur if I take the deck down to 270 and lift the turret with the machine off. It moves nice and free then. Of course it seems something it blocking it from moving when the deck is up, but I can’t for the life of me see what is causing it. But thinking this may be my cause for the broken frame in the first place, or if not, it certainly could cause this one to break.

Thanks in advance!

you havent replaced any deck chutes lately the 8-9 deck chutes if so could be around the wrong way maybe
    im never wrong just askme

Comment

I dont think its buckets as you are lifting the turret away from the deck.
      I would say restricted drop, or 180 interlock.

Check the shaft under the gearbox (moving deck interlock).
      Some oil pans hook over this and can bind up.

Comment

I agree with Wookie; the deck being down says either something related to the restricted drop Interlock or Moving deck Interlock adjustment/clearances
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

My thought was the 180 link as well, but checked the adjustment and clearance of the deck lift shaft and seems good. Moving deck interlock and restricted drop adjustments both re-adjusted and look good as well. I jogged the machine to just passed zero and that’s all it takes to get the clearance needed. Just not sure where it’s hanging up still.

On the hunt again today. Will report back when/if I find the culprit

Comment

Look at deck lift shaft bearings, see if they are blown out. Also the bracket on the deck lift shaft for restricted drop link can be installed upside down

Comment

Good call on the deck lift bracket for the restricted drop. It wasn’t upside down per se, but this deck lift shaft was replaced a year or so ago and I had forgotten that the used lift shaft we got came with a different bracket than the rest of our machines. I swapped it out with an adjacent lane and the problem went away. Now I just gotta get the right bracket. Thanks!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X