Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunswick Automatic Deck Shield Variant

I remember coming across an image on here of a rare version of the Brunswick Automatic deck shield where the Brunswick wording was in cursive/script. Does anyone still happen to have a image of it? I think the original got removed from Photobucket.

Probably a copy, I will look for the original.

https://www.facebook.com/FusionBowli...6247786088671/

B-10 Pinsetters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunsw..._%26_Billiards

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie8662 View Post
      Probably a copy, I will look for the original.

https://www.facebook.com/FusionBowli...6247786088671/
      The one I am talking about still had the "automatic" wording under the crown.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodj View Post

The one I am talking about still had the "automatic" wording under the crown.
        Is it this puppy?
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Here are a few "OLD" deck Shields...

IMG_20171209_160150787.jpgIMG_20171209_160144444.jpg

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 4.3.0.98
          Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Brunswick View Post

Is it this puppy?
            That’s the original, the one I am talking about has the BRUNSWICK wording in cursive. Here is a recreation from my memory:
            AutomaticRecreation.png

Comment

I have seen rakes with Brunswick in the script style font but not the deck shields.

Comment

Originally posted by DBZodos View Post
                I have seen rakes with Brunswick in the script style font but not the deck shields.
                The B-10's were script, but I also don't remember the automatics having a script style.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodj View Post
                  That’s the original, the one I am talking about has the BRUNSWICK wording in cursive.
                  Outside of the B-10, I don't ever recall a deck shield where the Brunswick was in script.

I know the deck shield I posted was the original style as the house in the hometown I grew up in were six Imperials (it was a very small town but the person who owned the house had money and they wanted to make a 'statement' that the town was 'modern'). They were part of the very first automatic pinsetters (they've since been replaced with pre-owned A-2's) and the shield overlay I posted was what was on those machines.

I have some old Brunswick Manuals from when I worked at a house (not my childhood house) where I discovered that someone had built somewhat of a 'time capsule' in the back cubby from when they changed the B-10's to the A's in 1960 - I mean it was all there - manuals - install documents - architectural drawing for how the A's were put in - original contracts that were signed between the installer/Brunswick/owner - Crown Foul Light system - everything... As this was 'pre-internet', when I asked if I could have them (they were all outdated), the owner figured I was helping him save money by not having them thrown in the trash so I have them (place is no longer in business and the land is now taken up with something that I would find 'Percy Lovetonsils' at). Given that the original parts would have been geared towards Imperial/Crown, if I could get my hands on that damn box, I could find out...unfortunately, I can see 'box' but in order to get to 'box', it would require me to move and gyrate in such a manner that it would be like I was competing in American Gladiators...

Does someone possibly have an older Brunswick Parts Manual from the early 60's that might have it in a place of honor and find out what was available then?

Personally, someday I would like to have all of those memories placed somewhere so when people come into the great focal point of my house, all of those manuals would shine proudly in the room as people say, 'What the hell is that?!?' - and then I would ask them if they would prefer to have a MAD Magazine collection there instead...

Comment

I stand corrected - Brunswick did make a shield that was script (showing it in the background down at 270 setting pins, for a 'close-up' of it at first ball 90, that would be here), it was 1954 with the late Chris Schenkel doing the play-by-play.

I believe you are melding the two styles in your memory, it happens...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Brunswick View Post
                      I believe you are melding the two styles in your memory, it happens...
                      I know it existed out there, back when I was still in high school I remember saving it to the network drive for my account there, I might have it on a USB drive somewhere. I also remember the deck shield it was on being green in color instead of grey. I really hope it didn't get lost in history because of Photobucket's decision to break older photo links. I believe it was made right before the Gold Crown line released. It could also be in a parts manual from the 1960's.

Comment

I finally found a image of it, but not the color image that I was looking for:
                        BrunswickAutomatic.PNG
                        While I was looking around I also found these interesting deck shields:
                        BrunswickAutomatic2.PNG
                        BrunswickOld.pngBrunswickOld2.PNG
                        Attached Files

Comment

I stand corrected...

Thank you for teaching me something new today...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X