Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud banging noise apon deck reset

Hello all, one of my machines is getting this loud banging noise just before the deck goes back to it's home position after ball 2. the noise sounds like its coming from around the deck lift shaft, this machine had a catastrophic failure in that area a while ago, its been running fine with new parts including a deck lift shaft and new 2:1 so i'm a bit taken aback by the issue. currently i have it out of service and im not comfortable cycling the machine powered on to figure out what's doing it lest it destroy itself again. Getting to the point, does anyone have any ideas on what what it could be? Any similar stories? How i might be able to diagnose the issue with the machine off and deck down? haven't encountered anything like this yet.

Are the pins set on the pin deck fine at 270 or are they wobbling and falling over?

Comment

If you put the deck down at 270 setting new pins and pull on the deck cable does it make a sound or go smoothly all the way?

Comment

Deck lift shaft bearings bad? Had a machine with a bad bearing, once it got to a certain position it would make sort of a clanking noise because the bearing was trying to turn and couldn’t

Comment

I actually had to leave for the day before i actually got around to looking through these. I maintain both an entire arcade as well as a few of these A2s so my focus can get caught elsewhere pretty easily. Anyhow, I took a closer look at it and seen i had over looked that a part of the 2:1 a hook-like part that seems to grab onto a large pin on the deck lift shaft is rubbing up against the frame of the machine..I apologize im not up to date on my terminology and i dont exactly have my manual handy right now, had a photo but this darn website refuses to let me upload it.. Anyways, all of these suggestions are helpful i'm willing to bet the fault i spotted is not the only problem here; any and all suggestions are useful until we can get the guy who put the thing back together out here to sort this out.

Comment

A worn or chipped bronze gear would make that kind of noise

Comment

Here are a few handouts to help with parts ID....

Parts ID Tests C.pdf Parts Identification.pdf

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 4.4.7.134
              Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

If you can get a video, that would really help.
                let me be myself

Comment

Broken spring (usually multiple breaks) inside the spring tube (bazooka)?

Just throwing in another suggestion, can't really tell without a video (and audio) as billman says.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Harvs View Post
                    Anyhow, I took a closer look at it and seen i had over looked that a part of the 2:1 a hook-like part that seems to grab onto a large pin on the deck lift shaft is rubbing up against the frame of the machine..I apologize im not up to date on my terminology and i dont exactly have my manual handy right now, had a photo but this darn website refuses to let me upload it.. .
                    I think you found it. The deck lowering hook needs lubrication. There is a chance it's too tight, but more likely it needs oil.

Comment

I did capture it on video, ill have to see if i can upload it to YouTube and then link it over here.

Edit: https://youtu.be/d6gAbWPZyPc

Comment

It didn't look as though it was hitting the frame from that angle in the video. It looks like the hook could be too close to the bracket for the deck lift shaft pin. The gearbox may need to be shifted slightly to the 10pin side.
                        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I agree the hook looks as if is running too close to the ear on the deck lift shaft.

The hook appears to be floating above the pin when it's supposed to ride directly on the pin. The "bang" sound is coming from the hook dropping onto the pin. Only time it should come off the pin is when he lowering hook cam raises it and/or is locked out by the detector.

A tight ring bearing can do that or the hook rubbing on something it shouldn't be.

-- Larry

Comment

The deck lift hook looks very close to or is striking the round tube frame. I agree you should check that the eccentric has oil and isn't too tight.

Comment

Eccentric is out of adjustment. Compare it to another machine and yes it must have lubrication

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X