TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing hook selector with detector on machine

It seems to me that all that is needed is to knock the roll pin out of the flag selector and remove it from the shaft and to knock the roll pin out of the strike cam follower. It would seem that this would allow the shaft to be moved toward the 10 pins side and the hook selector is free.

Am I missing something?
    If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

https://www.bowltech.com/forum/pinse...k-cam-follower

Comment

That was ridiculously easy. I don't agree with pushing the shaft toward the 7 side. Much simpler to push it toward the 10 side.

Comment

If you have a spare detector, why wouldn't you simply replace the detector?

Comment

Rather more work to replace the whole thing, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
            Rather more work to replace the whole thing, isn't it?
            Based solely on time, probably yes.
            Personally, I would spend the extra 10 minutes and remove half a dozen pins and a few bolts and replace the entire detector.
            Gives me the chance to clean where I can't normally reach and install a shiny new refurbished unit.

Comment

I've done it both ways (swap detector and pulling just the D-shaft).

If the detector was rebuilt recently and the RHS bearing just broke I preferred doing it in the machine.

The ONE caveat in removing the D-shaft in the machine is if you happen to have any brass shims on the shaft. Some detector shafts are shimmed to keep the selectors aligned with the cams. This happened to me once and I wasted almost an hour trying to get a shaft back in before I realized two shims next to the 180 stop selector had slipped just 1/8" and blocked the shaft from going back in.
              -- Larry

Comment

Forgive me if wrong but, isn't this the shaft that the strike cam follower is pinned to?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                Working...
                X