TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2 Pinsetters sliding deck

First time to post, only been working with these since august. We had a sliding deck crack, we dropped the stationary deck and the sliding deck as one and was able to get the sliding deck off and replace with one that had been welded but looked good. we rewound the deck spring with the deck out and re-installed the assembly. After we hooked up the scissors cable and the sliding deck cable the deck won't set the pins. It seems the pins are caught the rollers underneath. Looking at the deck position it seems too far forward. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I'd have to say that you have the movi deck cable wrapped incorrectly or you are hung up on a deck chute/spotting finger bolt
    If its still broken, guess it wasnt in the parts budget.

Z

Comment

So the deck isn't shifting when & where it's supposed to... or is it sliding back & forth while the deck moves up/down during the cycle (flying free, rolling on the slides in rhythm with the momentum of the deck's arched movement)? If you find it isn't because of the things zbowl mentioned, then it sounds like you might not haven't gotten the end of the MD torsion spring all the way in its dwell in the corner stationary deck, & so the spring came unwound at some point after you rewound it.
      Where's Mrs. Pisses?

Comment

The simplest answer is that you have adjusted the deck cable too tight and the moving deck is floating. If your forward geneva bearing is below the geneva plate instead of in the slot try loosening the cable a bit and then sliding the moving deck forward and back.

Comment

Thanks for the info, will look into this on Monday. Thanks again!

Comment

One more thing. If the deck is floating, only touch the top of the deck chutes to slide it. It shouldn't be hard to move and you don't want to pinch your fingers when the geneva bearing snaps into the slot.

Comment

This is approximately where the bearings should be in the geneva plate at Zero Degrees. If it appears a lot different than this, you have some adjusting to do. Also need to inspect all cables. The deck jam tube cable will appear "Wavy" because the strands are breaking inside the tube and they are beginning to "Unwind". The lower deck cable can be inspected somewhere around 270 degrees when the sheave exposes the connection pin. Use a rag and drag it across the cable. The rag will again "catch" the breaks in the individual strands. DO NOT use your bare hand. Then follow the Brunswick procedure. Cables Do NOT stretch, they simply "Unwind" as the individual strands break making the cable "Longer". If any of the spotting fingers contact any of the pins on the way up after setting the pins on the deck, the Cable is Too Tight, if any buckets contact the pins, it is Too Loose. I usually lower the deck to 270 setting pins, remove the cable from the sheaves using a rag and then turn the adjusting link. (Cylinder). Leaving it connected and turning the adjusters may also "unwind" the cable which is not good.

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 4.5.14.210

Deck Cable Adjust 7M.jpg Cable Assemblies.pdf Cable Stretch.pdf
              ?
              Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Black Consoles

I got tired of the black consoles braking and they look bad.so I made my own....

Deck knocking pins over on new racks (Need help ASAP)

I am still very new to working on a2s first off.

We started having this issue on tuesday where when the pinsetter goes to spot a new set of pins, a few of them fall...

Express Model B 40 lanemachine

Can somebody give an explaniton how pins 2, 3, 6 are supposed to be connected. I had a shortcircuit there for the drive motor connection because of water leakage.

82-70 Distributor belt pulling to the side.

I have a distributor that is pulling the belt hard to the left in the nine pin position (and possibly 6 pin), but seems fine in the other spots. As you can see the residue and...

82-90 XLi Pin Elevator

I have several Pin Elevators that I believe to be out of round on my XLi's and was curious if anyone has ever run across this before and is so, what you did about it.
              I'm...
              Working...
              X