Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scissor Spring

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse

TOTY

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scissor Spring

    Hello , i have A-A2 brunswick machines and our scissor spring is starting to eat into the frame and i called brunswick and they said i can put one of the chute spacers in the hole for the spring so it wont eat at the frame .. But would i have to do an adjustment if i take off the spring just to put a spacer and then just put the spring back on or should i be fine ??

  • #2
    You shouldn't need to adjust after removing and reinstalling the spring. Have you been oiling that spot? A drop of oil now and then will retard wear.

    Another Bowl Tech member added a chain repair link to all his to reduce the strain. I have done one that way and am watching it. Looks good so far.

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree with the oil suggestion. Preventive maintenance is way easier than repairs.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dominic Tafoya View Post
        Hello , i have A-A2 brunswick machines and our scissor spring is starting to eat into the frame and i called brunswick and they said i can put one of the chute spacers in the hole for the spring so it wont eat at the frame .. But would i have to do an adjustment if i take off the spring just to put a spacer and then just put the spring back on or should i be fine ??
        No. You shouldn't need to adjust the cable unless it was border line of being misadjusted in the first place.
        Unattach the scissor spring on a OOR cycle, insert spacer, reattach spring. You're good to go.
        The steel spacer is an excellent way to eliminate the steel spring wearing into the much softer aluminium toggle lever.
        Lubrication will certainly reduce the steel on aluminium wear rate buratadequate steel on steel lubrication is by far, the long term solution.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Headpin View Post

          No. You shouldn't need to adjust the cable unless it was border line of being misadjusted in the first place.
          Unattach the scissor spring on a OOR cycle, insert spacer, reattach spring. You're good to go.
          The steel spacer is an excellent way to eliminate the steel spring wearing into the much softer aluminium toggle lever.
          Lubrication will certainly reduce the steel on aluminum wear rate but an adequate steel on steel lubrication is by far, the long term solution.
          Thanks Headpin. This is almost exactly what I was going to tell him.
          Where's Mrs. Pisses?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mr. Blister View Post

            Thanks Headpin. This is almost exactly what I was going to tell him.
            I did make an error when I said "toggle lever" it's the projection on the deck that he is referring to. By the time I realised my error, it was too late to edit.

            Comment


            • #7
              They also make a tool which allows removing the scissor spring much safer. I broke the bolt, (Yellow & Red Arrow), that holds the main bell-crank to actuate the scissors on two machines. They were about 55 years old at the time. I proceeded to replace all the other ones in the house using the pictured tool. Simply removed the spring from the bell-crank and replaced the bolt. Also installed a steel spacer in the deck attachment point.

              ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 4.5.14.210
              ?
              Scissor Spring Tool 2.jpg
              Scissor Spring 3A.jpg
              Attached Files
              Everything has to be Somewhere !!

              Comment

              Topic Starter RibbonScript

              Collapse

              Adsense Classic 2

              Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
               

              Black Consoles

              I got tired of the black consoles braking and they look bad.so I made my own....
               

              Deck knocking pins over on new racks (Need help ASAP)

              I am still very new to working on a2s first off.

              We started having this issue on tuesday where when the pinsetter goes to spot a new set of pins, a few of them fall...
               

              Express Model B 40 lanemachine

              Can somebody give an explaniton how pins 2, 3, 6 are supposed to be connected. I had a shortcircuit there for the drive motor connection because of water leakage.
               

              82-70 Distributor belt pulling to the side.

              I have a distributor that is pulling the belt hard to the left in the nine pin position (and possibly 6 pin), but seems fine in the other spots. As you can see the residue and...
               

              82-90 XLi Pin Elevator

              I have several Pin Elevators that I believe to be out of round on my XLi's and was curious if anyone has ever run across this before and is so, what you did about it.
              I'm...
              Working...
              X