Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEARBOX CLUTCH STOP SURFACE

Hey Guys,
    Whats up? Has anyone ever replaced gearbox clutch stop surface with bearing retainer. I have been doing so because I have some cracked ones I can not get to stop leaking no matter what.and I don't think they can be purchased anymore. I don't see a problem with replacing them with bearing retainers, I make sure I shim them correctly, and they seem to work nicely. So has anyone else ever done It and how do you feel about It and have you had any sort of trouble because of It?
    Thanks, Mike
    DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Re: GEARBOX CLUTCH STOP SURFACE

Did all 16 of mine. The only thing that changed was that some gearboxes where the clutch was tricky to adjust became easy to adjust. No adverse effects whatsoever. If I still had any old ones, I'd take the old plates off as quick as I could get the new ones:

Kevin

Comment

Yes Kevin,
      I agree, definitely makes for a smoother adjustment.

I thought you had a2's though, must be converted and had the stop surfaces.
      Mike

Comment

I have no problems with our old plates, or using the newer version retainers in its place.

Only thing to be careful of is using the correct retainer seals. You cant use the A-2 rubber gaskets on a machine that was designed with the paper gaskets originally. Keep using the paper gaskets, and shim the new retainer, just like it was the old stop plate.

Comment

yes,
          you are correct. use just the shims and not the rubber gasket.
          Mike

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• bowlamech
            gearbox clutch gap
            by bowlamech
            what causes a gearbox clutch to keep losing the gap placed between the drive pulley and the drive cone?without taking it apart all the way to splines Im thinking maybe a crack...
            05-02-2010, 05:09 PM
          • J_ROZ
            Gearbox Clutch
            by J_ROZ
            Ive been having a hard time getting the clutch at 0. Every time i try to clean it and then reinstall it without removing the worm shaft i cant get it to 0. the 4:1 crank is always...
            02-01-2011, 11:10 AM
          • StuBowlMan
            Gearbox Clutch Problems
            by StuBowlMan
            I have a machine that, about once every three games, the gearbox clutch will engage (stop arm is out from under the clutch lever) but it will not start the gearbox. I have caught...
            08-31-2006, 02:02 AM
          • Willie
            Machine wont stop cycling
            by Willie
            one of our machines decides today before league that it does not want to stop cycling.... its not the trip lever and its is not electrical. the machine just keeps going and wont...
            10-12-2006, 04:09 PM
          • A2Geek
            gearbox clutch
            by A2Geek
            when replacing a gearbox clutch, I attempted to adjust the front jam nut (Front edge of clutch drive disk even with the bearing retainer- at 0 Degrees with clutch engaged) The...
            10-13-2016, 02:24 PM

Stahl's "Tuffy Super Jam Stopper" in action!

So I decided to try a few of these, I mean the idea totally makes sense and recently I saw these in action and liked what I saw.

Basically, it's meant as an extension...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Pictures of new machines being installed...

Here are the accelerators and pits that came with the lanes, kickbacks, gutters, power lifts.

This a new way of building the supports for the lanes...

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

check this jam...

the ball stuck the table up

Working...
          X