Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machines history?

Due to the latest thread about Jetbacks, and with all the years of experience here...I would like to pose a question. What is the history of the Brunswick pinsetter? Starting with the first year they were produced and when were significant improvements made. Was the serial number of the first machine number 1 or was it something else. If anybody has the history of the Japanese pinsetter, that would be interesting to know also.

If you have some info...jump in here...let us know what it is...chronological order is not important.

Such as...which came first, the booster or the accelerator? I've heard the accelerator came first...then the booster came out in 1965 to allow the upgrade of older A's to either Jetback's or A-2's without having to change the underground tracks.

You get the idea...throw your two cents worth in...lets see how much info we can get.

Steve
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Re: Machines history?

SAteve:
    Go to the reference forum.
    Mike has provided all info you requested on a year by year basis.
    Roscoe
    rfm

Comment

Roscoe,
      Thanks...wasn't aware of that part of this site...however, I still have a few questions if anybody out there can answer them.
      When was the Jetback introduced?
      Was it ever sold from the factory?
      I see the first serial number listed was 5200 in July of 57. When was the first pinsetter made?
      What was its serial number...I worked on machines in the upper 900's, so I know 5200 wasn't the start.
      Does anybody know what the first pinsetter cost and what was the cost of the last one made?

Steve
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

The jetback was a field conversion kit. Since there's no separate record of manufacturing dates/serials, I'd ass-u-me they were never offered that way from the factory, mine are 20,100's, and the A's were made well after that number. If the factory did offer them, I'd think they would have changed the MD cams to the new design to accomodate the higher speed, but I may be off base here...

Pinsetter mounting frame legs actually have a set of "stilts" attatched to the bottoms, as the original "high" kickbacks had to be cut down to accommodate the A2 style cushions and ball tracks, and they had to raise the pinsetter itself to bring it back to the correct operating height. The original unistrut mountings were also lost in the process.

Someone else will fill in the other details, I'm sure...

Kevin

[This message has been edited by KL Kevin (edited 09-20-2000).]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse