• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rake down

intermitten problem rake goes down but does not finish cycle,

[ March 06, 2001: Message edited by: robert kallush ]
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...WheelinBob.jpg

Re: rake down

This type of call can have many different causes.The first thing I do in a case like this is determine if the problem is mechanical or electrical.Watch the cycle and see if the solenoid tries to energize.If it tries but the machine does not cycle then its probably a mechanical problem and check your cycle soleniod adj,starter bellcrank linkage etc.If it does not even try to energize the solenoid then its probably a electrical problem and you could start with your trigger switch or time delay module.Many other things can create this so I'm sure you will get some more advice,good luck.

Comment

Do you have Bruns Electronic triggering??

Have had many cycle relays go bad on me with these. Also have one machine that does this, but still can't figure out why. The Electronic time delay module goes into a "dead" state. It isn't locking out, because it isn't shuting down the motor, and the lock out indicator LED is not lit. It just dies, until breaker is cut off for a few seconds.

As for the relays, I usually just swap out the Lock out relay with the cycle relay. Since the contacts on one are N/C and the other are N/O, it is like a new relay. Has worked well many times.

Try replacing your time delay module and see if it helps..
      <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by robert kallush:
        intermitten problem rake goes down but does not finish cycle,

[ March 06, 2001: Message edited by: robert kallush ]
        [/QUOTE]
        not brunswick electronic trigger i have changed the time delay before and put in new switch and came back maybe weak cycle solonoid
        http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...WheelinBob.jpg

Comment

Robert,

Have you checked the cycle soleniod receptacle and plug for a good connection? What about the continuity of the cycle soleniod ?

Comment

Robert:
            Weak cycle solenoids are as responsible for this behavior, as are any other component, especially if they are the 115 volt model.Air gap at rake switch,( with rake at 0) important. 1 and 2 ball lite adj, (important if you have wire connected to term 15).
            If indeed you have the 115 volt variety, with 220 volt mchs.,change them over to the 220 model.(comes with instructions). There are even different clutch latches, with differing radius' to help this problem.
            I have found that is helpful to go to a machine that is operational, put ones finger on the latch and judge just how hard the latch is pulling back, when the solenoid fires, it soon becomes easy to determine, just how hard, that action should be. Most bad solenoids just barely kick, especially if you have a stronger return spring on the latch than was designed for the jet-back/A2 setup. As you have already changed the time delay module, with a known good one, (important with any electrical change),however if the problem only occurs on first ball cycle,( And you have a wire from second ball lite hooked to #15 on time delay module), problem could exist in reed relay, and or caps in module. Generally speaking, if the reset button commences operation, every time without fail, one would go back to the time delay module and look for a faulty relay hold in time.( most often associated with to high a value on the fusible resistor, should be 4.7 OHM, (lots of replacements get misread as 470 ohms)
            Keep us informed.
            Roscoe.
            rfm

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse