TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow. I've already been told to look at the lever on the d shaft and make sure it is blocking out the link for the cam follower correctly and isn't slipping every so often. I was also told to look for a loose cam on the 2 to 1 itself. I am wondering if anyone has other things to look for that may cause this cam follower to break so i don't break a third one. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Make sure the eccentric for the deck lowering hook is not overtightened or lacking in lubrication.

Comment

If you have the late model cam, 12-100831, pt #15 pg #34, then indeed change the 12-100183 deck hook latch. Pt # 196, pg 14. When if fails on that model cam it allows the bearing to fall into the low of the cam and break off the bearing.
      Roscoe
      rfm

Comment

Make sure that your deck lowering hook has the roll pin in it on the end of the hook This prevents the hook from jamming into the post of the deck lift shaft if the blocking mecahnism for the lowering hook cam follower slips.
        Nick

Comment

Something you can do to prevent the cam follower from moving too far is to drill a hole in the cam follower itself and insert a roll pin. The roll pin will strike the 2:1 housing and prevent the cam follower from falling in too far and breaking the bearing off...which can lead to a broken cam. Here are a couple of pics to help understand what I am suggesting.

Gearbox003Small-1.jpg

Gearbox002Small.jpg

Gearbox006Small.jpg
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Replaced one one time, and broke it soon as i jogged the machine thru 1st time, big allen in end of deck shaft on r/h end was broke!
            Brent V
            Hi-tech Repairs-Duck tape & ty raps

Comment

ok. i got the new cam follower in this morning, changed it out. Now i am having issues with the deck setting an empty rack of pins on second ball. Can this be related to deck lowering mechanisms in the detector? i've messed with the 180 adjustment and if i can get it to wait at 180 on second ball, it wont wait on first ball, and vise versa. Steve, i will definitely be using your idea with the roll pin, that sounds like a good idea to get me through.

Comment

Remove the gear box drip pan and see if it makes a difference in your 180 adjustment.

Comment

I would start by checking the adjustment on the detector rod itself.

Comment

check the two allan screws on the cycle pear shaped cam on end of 4:1 I had one come loose and sure enuff snapped off the cam.And check rest of machines to see if any working loose will save lotsa headaches...

Comment

The clutch cam being loose is a common reason the cam breaks off of the 2:1...so I would look there as mentioned by bowlamech.
                      Main Event Entertainment

Comment

The 4:1 clutch cam is not loose. I did put the roll pin in the cam follower arm as per your suggestion it looks like that will get me through until i find the cause.

Comment

Should never break again...

I would suggest installing it on all of your machines...it is a great preventative item. Just a thought though.
                          Main Event Entertainment

Comment

That thing is just great! Comes in handy for those just in case situations!
                            70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                            Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Steve, i started putting the roll pin in the cam follower arm for all machines and ended up seeing issues come up becuase of it. On first ball standing pins, only when there is one standing pin, the deck lift hook would end up slipping off the deck lift shaft causing the deck to jump violently. However, i did not see the roll pin hanging up in anyway. Have you ever experienced this?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Black Consoles

I got tired of the black consoles braking and they look bad.so I made my own....

Deck knocking pins over on new racks (Need help ASAP)

I am still very new to working on a2s first off.

We started having this issue on tuesday where when the pinsetter goes to spot a new set of pins, a few of them fall...

Express Model B 40 lanemachine

Can somebody give an explaniton how pins 2, 3, 6 are supposed to be connected. I had a shortcircuit there for the drive motor connection because of water leakage.

82-70 Distributor belt pulling to the side.

I have a distributor that is pulling the belt hard to the left in the nine pin position (and possibly 6 pin), but seems fine in the other spots. As you can see the residue and...

82-90 XLi Pin Elevator

I have several Pin Elevators that I believe to be out of round on my XLi's and was curious if anyone has ever run across this before and is so, what you did about it.
                              I'm...
                              Working...
                              X