Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloppy Moving Deck

i Have a moving deck that is sloppy on the 7-pin side causing the moving deck not to shift to set new pins at times thus throwing the cable off the pulley. Could this be a torsion spring issue and if so, is there an adjustment for it?

Thanks for all you guys help!!

Mark
    Mark W.

First check for missing Geneva roller

Comment

Check for missing the bearings on the cable pulley that go into the slots on the geneva plate.

Comment

If your geneva bearings are on, is what you are experiencing a binding in the movement of the deck at the point when the bearings enter the slot of the geneva plate. If so you probably have a warped moving deck.
        Nick

Comment

If your needle bearings on each end inside stationary deck are dry for your torsion shaft that will cause it to bind. Put machine down at 270, unplug power .while holding ,take moving deck cable off and pull on cable to see if your moving deck has no restrictions when you pull on it.

Comment

There really is no adjustment for the spring. Also...if you are losing the moving deck cables, you should look at the keeper spring setup as it is designed to hold the cables in place. The tube, cable, spring and rear guard should be in place to keep the cables on.

As mentioned above, the geneva rollers should be in place to insure that the moving deck will roll properly. If the rollers are there...take the geneva plates off of both sides of the moving deck and roll the moving deck back and forth by hand. Be sure there are no binds in the forward and rearward movement of the moving deck.

Let us know what you find.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
              There really is no adjustment for the spring. Also...if you are losing the moving deck cables, you should look at the keeper spring setup as it is designed to hold the cables in place. The tube, cable, spring and rear guard should be in place to keep the cables on.

As mentioned above, the geneva rollers should be in place to insure that the moving deck will roll properly. If the rollers are there...
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              leave cables on than take the geneva plates off of both sides of the moving deck and roll the moving deck back and forth by hand. Be sure there are no binds in the forward and rearward movement of the moving deck.

Let us know what you find.
              just added to your post hope you don't mine steve [ safety first ]

Comment

wepauls...that is just fine. I never stated to take the cables off so I figured no one would. Not a good assumption. Good point to be sure all know to leave the cables on. Thanks for the backup.
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse