Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rake sweep problem

this weekend one of my pinsetters would sweep strangly. it would sweep normal till it got about half way back then seem to lift up way to high and even caught the pins that hung by the scissors. of couse I was gone. they said it happens at random and I can only get it to happen on first ball. and if I bowl on it, so I can't see what is happening. any Ideas?
    I reject your reality and substatute my own. (MB)

I'd check all your cushion hardware and linkages. Then, check to make sure the shotgun is latching properly. If you can't find anything, make sure your bearing on the rake cam follower is in good shape.

Comment

this machine has the "pit cushion cam and roller kit from pin setter parts plus

Comment

One of the bolt that holds the cushion to the cushion mount was missing.don't know if that would cause this.

Comment

Check the rake timing. Adj #3 page 3-8 step 5.
          jonesborobowl.com

Comment

Make sure all your hardware is on and tight on your cushion....seems like a good place to start. Then it wouldn't hurt to go through a full rake ajustment.....Steve Stafford has a good one.

If it is not happening all the time I wouldnt think that it is a rake cam adjustment....If it is all the time, then definatly a rake cam adjustment is probably your #1 culprit.
            Nick

Comment

If it is intermittent, it will most likely be in the pit cushion linkage. The cam and roller kit might have a bolt that has come loose getting caught on the pit cushion itself. You could also look at the curtain hangers mounted to the pit cushion. They might be catching something...especially if they have come loose.

If you need a copy of the rale adjustment...let me know. I can send you a copy or we can post it here for you.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

If you have the wiring bracket thats installed on the 7 side rake at the top make certain there is clearance between it and the rabbit ear bolts.
                rfm

Comment

Could it be that rake got hit knocking off rack cam timeing

Comment

hey steve I'm always wanting to learn, and would like to see this rake adjustment. post here or send it's up to you.
                    thanks for all the responces.

Comment

Originally posted by wepauls View Post
                      Could it be that rake got hit knocking off rack cam timeing
                      If this was the case, it would do it every time. He stated that it didn't do it every time so I stayed away from a timing issue.
                      TSM & TSM Training Development
                      Main Event Entertainment
                      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

a few months ago I had a lane doing the same thing and it was because one of the bolts that mounts the cushion to the cushion mount broke at about the middle of its length and the half with the threaded shaft and stuck out of the cushion mount and was jamming up against the support arm at 180 degrees causing the rake to raise
                        Nick

Comment

I know you stated it only does it in first ball..... Could it be doing it in second ball and you just dont know because there are no pins for the rake board to grab onto ? Me personally it sounds like the the cam got knocked out of adjustment or the cam follower bearing is falling off or something cause it sounds like you are describing it happening around the 2,3 - 4,5,6 when the cam is in position to be adjusted to the 5/8 height from the lane surface. Just a thought. I would deff. check crank rod, well..... I would just go through the entire series adjustment. Good luck to ya

Comment

Rake cam timimg may just be it. If one turns the cam too far it will go high enough and touch the pins...oh yeah,it will indeed. That's how i learned about the timing by playin' around a bit.Small movements of the cam can make it do various things in the sweep action.
                            Heck...at a center they had the rake sweep BEHIND the deck at zero due to a ball smacking the sweep at the right time!! That was fun...not.
                            This is why as of today i HATE counter ppl for letting bowlers hit the sweeps and not having guts to tell the bowler to not do that.It can be a costly item to repair when something goes very wrong.Having bowlerse come in and do stupid things for fun (like hit sweeps) gives the impression the center doesn't care so they do stupid things.

Comment

As stated above,

cant be rake cam timing if its not doing it all the time

Mike
                              DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse