Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turret indexing

I have a turret that turns all the time. I can see that the torsion latch triggers and the gear turns 360. And idea on how I stop the problem?

The time delay gear is only supposed to turn when the turret indexes after the 5 drops. Is this one turning for every index?

Is the indexing cam tight to the bottom of the turret?

Does the index trip lever stay down, or does it move up and down on each index?

Comment

Turns every index. Trip lever doesn't engage just the torsion latch turns the turret. The indexing cam is tight.

Comment

Is the bumper on the rear of the torsion latch still intact?

Does the trosion latch pivot freely?

Maybe your short turret belt is streatched too much so that the block on the gear and the torsion latch meshing up proper.

Could even be that the surface of the block on the gear or the latch are worn and coming unlatched on their own. You would see movement in the torsion latch when the block contacts it if this is the case.
        Nick

Comment

The bumper is intact. I changed the clutch and belt. So well go from there.

Comment

Ok new clutch in but now the gear doesn't turn after the 5 pin drops :/

Comment

I need help ASAP. League starts at 6 :/

Comment

try to operate the torsion latch by hand and see if the timing gear turns.
                You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

When I move the latch by hand nothin happens. Lever doesn't engage or gear turn. Does it have to go on a certain way onto the gear?

Comment

If both the friction disk and the pulley are new, they probably are not touching enough to make it turn.
                    Best thing to do is clean the old one up, making sure the bronze on the bottom of the friction disk and the spring seat that it rides on are both clean. I use WD-40 to clean them.
                    Make sure the rivot holes are not plugged up. Use a small screwdriver or pocket knife to clean them out, then clean the pads and the bottom of the pulley with alcohol, making sure not to touch them after cleaning. Any grease or oil from your fingers will make it not work properly.
                    On the spring seat make sure the roll pins do not stick up above the top, and make sure when installing it that they fit properly in the holes on the slide plate.
                    Also make sure the teeth on the friction disk and the timing gear are meshed properly.

Comment

The lever is just a stop for the timing gear. It hits a small projection on the bottom of the gear to make it stop turning.
                      At the top of the post that it is mounted to should be a roll pin with a spring underneath that, at the bottom, catches the latch and at the top catches the roll pin, to snap the latch closed after the flat bar mounted to the turret hits it and the timing gear starts turning.

Comment

just a thought, make sure the bronze bushing on fricsion plate is not rubbing on turret clutch plate that the friction plate turns around on. With old style turret clutch plates the round parts can come lose with the rivets and cock where friction plate binds.

Comment

Did you change the belt and the clutch at the same time? I would have tried changing the belt before changing the clutch because it may have fixed your original problem.

With the current issue of the gear not turning, maybe a problem with the shoulder bolt/ time delay gear in that when you tighten up the shoulder bolt the gear is clamped down to the clutch plate, loosen up the nut on the shulder bolt to see if it rotates. If so try a different shoulder bolt or pulley

quickfix at this point if you are not getting anywhere with suggestions to get you going for league may be to pop that clutch out and try another one if you have another one assembled. If you have an assembled clutch you can quickly bolt on the gear and the torsion latch to it and bench test its operation.
                          Nick

Comment

I'll try loosening the shoulder bolt. Or if anything I'll put the old clutch back in and see if it was just the belt.

Comment

let us know what you find
                              Nick

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse