Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOR LATCH MOVEMENT

Noticed that the latch is sometimes pulled above the pin in the crossmember. There is alot of wear on the end of the shotgun. We use elec trigger and the oor works fine except for the upward movement sometimes. The machine will sometimes not engage the rake to sweep deck. That creates a mess as new pins are set on standing pins. Worn bushings on collar? Does not appear to be the case, but maybe. Days when it works as it should. Det is in time and follower is in notch on cam through hole in side. Thanks.

Do the oor latch adjustment. You might even have to tap the roll pin a little further thru.
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Originally posted by PJ View Post
      Do the oor latch adjustment. You might even have to tap the roll pin a little further thru.
      The oor works fine. I take you mean to drive roll pin further to bottom of shaft?

Comment

loosen the bolts that bolt the shaft to the side frame and the electrical box u- bolts. then with a vice grip rotate the shaft a bit so that it will only latch when you pull on the oor lever.
        Nick

Comment

Take a look at the end if the roll pin in the cross shaft
          where it comes in contact with the latch.

If it looks worn enough where the latch could slip off replace the roll pin.
          Go with what works and not what the book says.

Comment

all good posts,

You want to cycle to an OOR then stop machine and Lock out tag out then pull latch and see how much of a gap you have between the lever and the roll pin.. Then adjust as necessary
            You will probably find your gap is to big... You want it to just pull over roll pin

Mike
            DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Tapped roll pin further to bottom of shaft. No sweep hook engagement at all. Put back to original position (even tried higher), still no sweep hook at all. Had to lift oor blocking latch to fully upright and not working position, to get rake hook to engage block. I changed nothing but roll pin position. Now can not get any sweep hook latch connection to block unless blocking latch is totally away from end of shotgun. Link from bellcrank to sweep hook has some play by the roll pins on both ends. What happened here? Scratching my head over this on my day off.

Comment

I would check the roll pins and link. You may want to replace them.

If the support that roll pin goes through is a little loose you may have rotated it when you tapped on the roll pin.

Comment

Did you put in OOR and check what i stated above ?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMIKE View Post
                    all good posts,

You want to cycle to an OOR then stop machine and Lock out tag out then pull latch and see how much of a gap you have between the lever and the roll pin.. Then adjust as necessary
                    You will probably find your gap is to big... You want it to just pull over roll pin

Mike
                    Did what you suggested. The oor worked just as it should. The latch was just above the roll pin. I then ran a normal cycle and it would not engage the block to sweep. I raised the blocking latch up out of the way and it will engage the sweep. Still lost over this.

Comment

Yazu:
                      Before one does the OOR adjustment it is advisable to check the sweep hook link for worn roll pins and worn holes in the link, that has a lot to do with the final results.
                      JMO.
                      Roscoe
                      rfm

Comment

Yeah, what Roscoe said. Also, check to see that someone didn't lean on the link that runs from the sweep hook cam follower in the detector to the collar on the cross shaft and maybe bent it. This would change the sweep hook adj't.
                        It is wiser to find out than suppose.--Mark Twain

Comment

Check the condition of the out-of-range latch... the part that sits on the roll pin... if it is pitted or wore, then you might want to replace the latch. Isn't it hardened steel? There isn't a good way to create a new surface for the roll pin to sit on.

Comment

If you checked what i stated then looking at what roscoe mentioned would be the next step...

So when rake sweep hook raises, during machine operation you are seeing the latch go above the roll pin on its own ? If so then thats all about whats left is what roscoe mentioned about the worn links and holes on the sweep hook and bellcrank

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMIKE View Post
                              If you checked what i stated then looking at what roscoe mentioned would be the next step...

So when rake sweep hook raises, during machine operation you are seeing the latch go above the roll pin on its own ? If so then thats all about whats left is what roscoe mentioned about the worn links and holes on the sweep hook and bellcrank
                              The latch does indeed go above the pin somtimes. I will change the link or roll pins next. I think that will solve problem. Thanks and will let you know.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse