Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detector Maybe?

Have a problem I think is related to detector, but would appreciate input before removing.

Pinsetter will stop at 180 with an empty deck;
    At 90 strike, the strike cam follower drops only partially in the cam dwell, { roller does not touch cam } but not far enough to disengage the accuator link from the clutch release lever. I can manually push the end of the pin detector link approx 1/16 " to disengage accuator link, but it will not move far enough on it's own.

Am unble to find anything binding

I do see the roller drop against the cam just as deck is moving upward from 270.

Could this be a detector problem or is there something esle that cause it.

As always, any help or ideas will be appreciated.

Have you tried swapping in a known-good detector rod?

Comment

First do a Decatur-rod adjustments than go from thar

Comment

Isn't the pinsetter supposed to stop at 180 when the deck is empty. As to your other observation on the strike cam follower, if your detector is out of time with the pinsetter the scissors cam follower will come down on top of the moving deck scissors latch (flag) prematurely not letting it move to it's full range of motion. This will restrict the motion of the bottom of the accuator link causing your problem. If you didn't just retime your detector you could have a torqued 1 to 1 shaft. Maybe your moving deck scissors latch may be adjusted improperly.

Jerry
        (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Check your detector rod adjustment with different set up of pins w/ a full deck. I would also check for any kind of binds. For example I had one that was rubbing the sides of the stop bracket. I had to replace it and do an adjustment.

Comment

Thanks for responding everyone, Popeye, you are right, I was in a hurry earlier and meant to say it does not stop at 180, sorry. You may also be correct with your explanation. After further inspection I found that some of the teeth on the 1:1 spur gear, idler gear and detector cam gear are missing! Another mechanic said, yeah, it's been that way for quite a while.

Since I will need to pull the scissor cam, can anyone recommend a puller to do this on the pinsetter?

Thanks, will keep you posted

Comment

On an A2 should have a split hub on scissor cam.
              I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Also this might help.
                http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...Ross-McDonough

Comment

5350, why do you need to remove the scissor cam?
                  Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                  Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                  Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                  Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Thanks again for the responses everyone.
                    PJ..... does have split hub,thanks
                    Kanga......Need to replace the 1:1 spur gear

Comment

Sorry 5350, I realized after I'd logged off.

I use a two jaw hydraulic puller.

Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                      Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

However you will need a puller for the rake cam hub. For the scissor cam, I remove the bolt in the hub and jam a large flat screwdriver into the split and should pull right of by hand.

Comment

Back to your original issue though...check your cycle solenoid adjustment. Sounds like the solenoid is too low. This will cause the actuator links to not move as far as they should...

It could also be the detector being a tooth behind. Since you have a trashed gear...that may be the issue. You can check these when you get the 1:1 done.
                          TSM & TSM Training Development
                          Main Event Entertainment
                          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Just an update and a thanks

Ends up, the scissor cam did not have the split hub, so I pulled the complete 1:1 assembly.

Kanga, I looked at that puller you showed, man that is sweet but it was sort of out of my price range. I purchased a manual puller to remove the scissor cam.

I did run into a problem: Since I also needed to replace the detector gear and there was a used detector in the shop, I removed the complete detector 1:1 assembly from it and put into the detector being used. Pinsetter would perform most functions except: would not go to first ball and when manually put it in frist ball the pinsetter would go into an out of range when cycled. Found that there are two different detector cams, so I moved the gear from the 1:1 with the wrong cam to the original detector 1:1 and all is good.
                            The machine is up and running again.

Thanks again

Comment

There are two different detector discs. One for detectors with toes and another for detectors with rollers. You're not the first person to make that mistake.........
                              TSM & TSM Training Development
                              Main Event Entertainment
                              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse