Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

180 full deck, long turret link is engaging properly.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180 full deck, long turret link is engaging properly.

A1 w/A2conversion kit:

Started yesterday evening, with no stops/jams prior.

Erratically goes into a 180(seems like mostly when it is waiting for the 5-pin), the long turret link is how it should be, there is no binding in the clutch actuator assembly, and gearbox clutch is properly adjusted.

Any Ideas?

does the turret index as it should when it drops the 5 pin?

Comment

Originally posted by speir01 View Post
      does the turret index as it should when it drops the 5 pin?
      Yes, 5-pin drops, indexing latch engages, turret clutch rotates 1 revolution, turret indexes, the lobe on the bell cam engages the long turret link and turret continues to index as it should.

I actually placed 24 pins in the machine and it has been running just fine. It is definitely only going into a 180 when it is waiting for new pins. I am suspecting there is gunk in the clutch actuator spring tube, and the spring may not be pressing with full pressure?

Comment

is the 180 link adjusted correctly?

Comment

Check roller on the front of the long link. There is an oilite bearing there and can "disappear" for no reason. OK...it disappears because someone drops it.

Check the oil pan and the way it mounts to the front interlock cross shaft. It can bind the movement of the interlock link.
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

180 long link can be bent also

MIke
            DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Originally posted by ZERxMCO View Post
              It is definitely only going into a 180 when it is waiting for new pins.
              That's exactly what the pinsetter is supposed to do. If the deck is empty, the pinsetter stops at 180 degrees until the turret releases the ten pins to the deck.

The thing to remember are the sequences that are supposed to happen. The gearbox clutch disengages at 180 degrees, waiting for pins. As the turret indexes past the 5 pin, the cam on the bottom of the indexing pulley pushes a bell crank rearward. The bell crank is connected to the long link; and on the rear of the long link is a bracket connected to a shaft that rotates. On the left end of the shaft is a bracket, which is connected to the 180 degree link. As the shaft rotates, it pushes the 180 link upward; and through additional linkage, releases the stop under the clutch lever. This engages the GB clutch, and allows the machine to continue with its cycle.

If everything doesn't move smoothly, you may have a bind somewhere; and one of those places is if the GB oil pan is attached to the link instead of the frame. Another area to check is the bracket that attaches the shaft to the 180 link. If it's a hair off, it won't push the linkage far enough to trip the GB clutch. Finally, the bracket that is attached from the long link to the shaft. If this is a hair off, the results will be similar. And, one more area to check is the latch at the very rear of the long link. If this latch is binding, the long link won't travel as far, limiting the motion of the rotating shaft, and the machine will sit at 180 degrees. The bracket and roller on the deck lift shaft releases the latch, which, in turn, raises the blocking finger, allowing 10 more pins to be loaded into the deck.

Remember the sequence of events that are supposed to happen. Then trace back what event didn't happen, and you'll find the cause of the problem.

Comment

Also...there is no such thing as an A1. They were called a Model A. The A-2 came out later but the Model A never became an A1.
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse