Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the subject of overtravel...

I've decided unilaterally that it's time to remove it from the machines.

I know about the drilling and pinning the second lever but I'm not really a fan of that idea. I was wondering if there is any problem or consideration with using a regular A2 reset lever instead?

BTW, I just invented my first Brunswick special tool. Actually it isn't much of an invention. Took an old reset lever shaft and cut it down so that it fits in between the ears of the gearbox. I use it as a temporary holder for the first reset lever. (the one with the wire link) I then put the second lever in and push the regular shaft through, expelling the short shaft. This also has the advantage of keeping everything lined up so there's no fishing around for the damn hole in the gearbox lol
    If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Jack: a regular one piece lever works well but you will loose a portion of the differential between 180 and 270 which is why I prefer pinning at exactly 270
    rfm

Comment

You might want to download this documentation.
      http://www.brunswickbowling.com/down...900261-000.pdf
      check pages 20+
      I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Roscoe, what do you use to center the hole?

PJ, thank you.

Comment

Center punch, go just inside the edges rather than the center of lever , the reason for that is the center exposes a 'blank area" where there are no bushing material to aid in support of the roll pin. Be certain to drill all the way through to facilitate later removal of roll pin
          rfm

Comment

Better to drill if you can talk yourself into it. Great modification for an A machine. Remember that you should remove the blocking mechanism for the rake also. Simple removal. Remove R78...the item in red. Later you can always remove the rest of the stuff if you like.

TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
              Center punch, go just inside the edges rather than the center of lever , the reason for that is the center exposes a 'blank area" where there are no bushing material to aid in support of the roll pin. Be certain to drill all the way through to facilitate later removal of roll pin
              Okay. but unless you have an eye like a milling machine it would seem that doing it by hand would make each lever/shaft combination unique, even to the extent of re-installing the same shaft and lever. It would have to go back together in the same position it was drilled at. Or is that easy to see which way it goes? What do you do when you break a lever?

On the positive side, the expense of a roll pin compared to a new lever will appeal to the owner.

Comment

Jack if your lucky enough to have the cast reset lever VS the later stamped steel lever chances are you will never need a new one compared to the frequent cracking newer one.
                70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Originally posted by keeth View Post
                  Jack if your lucky enough to have the cast reset lever VS the later stamped steel lever chances are you will never need a new one compared to the frequent cracking newer one.
                  Jack i have done my past center over 20 years ago
                  installed new reset levers as needed
                  good luck

Comment

If by chance you drill them and install a roll pin and end up breaking one...just install a newer version and that hole you drilled will not be used. Granted, you will then be back to the issue of having a closer and more troublesome adjustment...but at least for the time you used the old setup...you didn't need to worry about it too much. Just my opinion though.
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I just use the little slotted link and lock both levers together as they did on original scoring instals. Works great, and never have any problem with the levers.
                      Brent V
                      Hi-tech Repairs-Duck tape & ty raps

Comment

Just a note - I finally got around to doing this modification. It went well, but for some reason I encountered some problems doing it at 270.

On a few of the machines, after pinning, the clutch latch would not get under the roller to disengage the clutch. On all but one a slight dashpot adjustment got it working. However on one machine I could not get it working. Long story short I did the second half of the house about about 290-295 degrees 2nd ball right at the point where the clutch latch moves under the roller. No further problems or adjustments needed.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse