Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPS question

I was just thinking about the fact that not all A2's have new pin solenoids....The link from the NPS to the detector is a nice and easy method of manually putting the pinsetter in second ball. so if some pinsetters don't have the link because they don't have a nps, is there some other aparatus connected to the selector on the detector to put the machine in second ball manually, or does the selector itself get handled?

Just curious
    Nick

No extra link here.

Comment

Back before anything was ever there you used to have to handle the selector itself to get to ball 2.
      70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
      Prolane Walker sport

Comment

I seem to recall someone telling me a few years back that the AMF centres here in Australia that had Brunswick machines without the NPS had a link chain attached to the selector which went over to the crossbrace between the rake shaft and rake lift shaft. It was attached to the crossbrace in some manner and you pulled on the chain to put the machine onto 2nd ball. The private centre I'm currently working at doesn't have the NPS so I just move the selector with my finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl D View Post
          ..... I just move the selector with my finger.
          That's exactly how the new pin solenoid works. The selector was there first, and the NPS was an add-on.

Comment

You can take a wire tye and wrap it around the selector. Leave the end of the wire tye on...having it point forward after it is tight. If you want to put onto second ball...grab the end of the wire tye and pull it forward.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

We actually have a small piece that sticks up off the selector on 1-8 our real old ones (3200 SN's). Makes it REAL easy to put it on 2nd ball. I heard this was supposed to be for a foul cycle that Brunswick either never finished at the time or gave up on. Our last 4 machines are around 23000 and have the selector most are used to seeing, I have small fingers so I just work them in a little and push it forward to get it on 2nd ball. I'll try and get a pic of the old ones for you guys. I'm sure Steve has seen or at least knows what I'm speaking of, he knows all these little ins and outs of the machines
              All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

If I recall correctly Rep on those good old greenies the original cycle solenoid's link went through that extended arm you speak of. If you look closly at the front upright of the detector you can see the marks on the screw holes where the solenoid was.
                70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                  We actually have a small piece that sticks up off the selector on 1-8 our real old ones (3200 SN's). Makes it REAL easy to put it on 2nd ball. I heard this was supposed to be for a foul cycle that Brunswick either never finished at the time or gave up on. Our last 4 machines are around 23000 and have the selector most are used to seeing, I have small fingers so I just work them in a little and push it forward to get it on 2nd ball. I'll try and get a pic of the old ones for you guys. I'm sure Steve has seen or at least knows what I'm speaking of, he knows all these little ins and outs of the machines
                  A picture of this would be cool.
                  Nick

Comment

You may very well be right Keeth, I'm not sure by any means what it's for, but it is nice lol. I'll snag a quick pic for you guys today.
                    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
                      You can take a wire tye and wrap it around the selector. Leave the end of the wire tye on...having it point forward after it is tight. If you want to put onto second ball...grab the end of the wire tye and pull it forward.
                      That's a great idea, Steve. Although I used my fingers to slip the selector into second ball during respots, you idea would make things a lot easier.

Comment

Rep is correct,
                        The older standing pin selector had to like ears sticking out and the cycle link did run through it...
                        If know one gets a pic I might be able to for ya
                        DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMIKE View Post
                          Rep is correct,
                          The older standing pin selector had to like ears sticking out and the cycle link did run through it...
                          If know one gets a pic I might be able to for ya
                          Got a few today with my phone for you guys. Sorry for the delay, I thought I had some pics but apparently not lol. Here ya go
                          IMG-20120125-00002.jpg

IMG-20120125-00003.jpg

Comment

Very nice Rep.

Mine must be slightly newer since the rest is the same with exception to the selector.
                            Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                            Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                            Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Thanks Kanga! These were from a 1957 install, no exact date due to the low serial numbers according to the list on here. 1-8 (our oldest) are all in the 3200's. I love those oldies, so easy to put on 2nd ball with that projection sticking out lol
                              Last edited by Rep; 01-26-2012, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse