Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solenoid test

&nbsp; I'm wondering if their is a difference in the ohm reading between the 208-230 solenoids and the 115? 208-230 should be 100 ohms + or -10%<br>received 2 new ones and they both read about 145 will not work on my 208 V machines. Found one that reads 95 and it works fine. Do the 115 V read higher?
    It's better to remain silent and let people think you're stupid than to speak and remove all doubt

Yes there is a difference in the readings. I have some of both on my machines and the readings I get are:
    220v 145 +/- and on the 110v 27 +/-. The 2 110v that I checked from my spare parts I am not sure are good, because I think the readings should be higher, but not by much.
    If also shouldn't be that hard to convert yours to 220v. I have been doing that as I rebuild electrical boxes here. They have a much better, more solid pull in my opinion.
    You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

There is a new solenoid out. 10-688006. Better pull than the original. Resistance readings are different but not that much different. I measured 5 of each style here and the results are below. Did you get the 003 or the 006 solenoids?

10-688003

10-688006

TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I'll have to check which ones I ordered. Why will it work with the 95 ohm , but not work with the 145 ohm?
        It's better to remain silent and let people think you're stupid than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

A higher resistance would reduce the amount of current that would flow through the coil. The less current flowing, the weaker the magnetic field that is generated. But that is not always the case though...if you have some shorted windings in the coil, the resistance would be lower but the number of wires that the coil is using to create the magnetic field will be less...thus creating a weaker magnetic field again. Bottom line...it is about the number of windings in the coil along with how much current is pulled through those windings. That is what creates the magnetic field.

Then there is the material the plunger is made out of and how much of an air gap there is in the solenoid based on the solenoid adjustment. The more plunger that is inside the coil when it is energized...the stronger the pull will be on the plunger. There is a lot that goes into making a solenoid.

Hope that helps you understand what might be going on inside the solenoids.
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse