Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire jam's

Hay guy's

I have a ? about wire jam's, I have two lanes that do this, I find pin's jam in the wire just above the 2 & 3 pin buckits I know that my turret is lvl and my deck is lvl to the pindeck I have moved around the buckits as well to try to stop the pins from hitting the top of the buckit I dont know what i'm missing!

thxs,
    Chris
    Life is a Game So play it hard!

Is the deck shift all the way forward at the end of the cycle, or do you see that it shifts when you reset it? If so maybe gearbox stopping too soon is causing it.

Maybe you are getting a lot of pin bounce in those spots. Try a firmer style deck roller on there if you have them.
    Nick

Comment

If the pin is getting caught between turret wire and the spoon you may have a bent turret wire that needs "reformed".
      If it's broke it will work great.... until you stop watching it.

Comment

It may also be a restricted drop problem. Make sure the interlock probe isn't too low in relation to both blocking fingers; I keep the bottom of all three level with each other.

Another thing you can do is shorten the L/H blocking finger spring by cutting one end in line with the tip and re-shaping it back into a hook. This will reduce the likelihood of the interlock probe from being pushing up the L/H blocking finger.
        Last edited by Kanga (James); 01-25-2012, 01:00 PM.
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga View Post
          It may also be a restricted drop problem. Make sure the interlock probe isn't too low in relation to both blocking fingers; I keep the bottom of all three level with each other.

Another thing you can do is shorten the L/H blocking finger SPRING by cutting one end in line with the tip and re-shaping it back into a hook. This will reduce the likelihood of the interlock probe from being pushing up the L/H blocking finger.
          Fixed

To test to see if the pins are dropping from too high, shut the pinsetter off on 1st ball, at 90 degrees, with a full basket, and an empty deck. Now chuck a pin into the 5 pin chute a few times to see if it goes through and drops the rest of the pins.

Another thing I have done which gives the same end result as cutting the spring is to put a roll pin which is the same outside diameter as the inside diameter of the hole in the turret frame which the spring hooks on to. Now you can choose the length of roll pin that gives you the desired extra tension. Hook the spring onto the end of the roll pin...the longer the roll, the more tension you get in the spring.
          Last edited by Mechanick; 01-25-2012, 01:46 PM.
          Nick

Comment

Lol. I picked that up JUST after I posted it, just before you did Nick.
            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Thought I would post before somebody started cutting all their blocking fingers shorter and bending them! LOL
              Nick

Comment

Lol.
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Now there's an idea...shorter blocking fingers. hhhmmmmmm
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by Kanga View Post
                    This will reduce the likelihood of the interlock probe from being pushing up the L/H blocking finger.

I think I shouldn't post so early in the morning. The last sentence should be without "being"...

What a shocker...lol That's what you get when your made to work on Australia day.
                    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse