Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rake lift arm bumper

I have been noticing a lot of my rake lift arm bumpers come off quite often. They are black, Im pretty sure that they are a genuine brunswick part. I have had these in my inventory for a long time and have not ordered any recently. Im wondering if maybe the ones I have in my inventory are a bad batch? Anyways, I am in need of ordering some new ones and am wondering if certain ones from one manufacturer are better than those from another manufacturer. Thanks.
    Nick

If the weight of the cushion is held by them then I can see them failing sooner.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga View Post
      If the weight of the cushion is held by them then I can see them failing sooner.
      When I replace them I make sure I adjust my cushion lift rods properly so the weigh of the cushion is not on then at 0 degrees. I noticed on a few lanes that I replaced them on recentyl (within 3 months) they are gone again.
      Nick

Comment

Might be a bad batch or old stock then. I recently bought some black ones; I hope they're not bad too.
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Might want to look at the new nylon ones from Pinsetter Parts Plus. The added bonus is that they help prevent inverted mouse traps.
          You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by cuda96 View Post
            Might want to look at the new nylon ones from Pinsetter Parts Plus. The added bonus is that they help prevent inverted mouse traps.
            I for the most part have the newer style bracket that does not have such a long slot, so Im not sure that part will work with the ones I have. How about Vantage or Zot, anybody use them? Or if nobody's having issues with the current Brunsick part, I can just order them.
            Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga View Post
              Might be a bad batch or old stock then. I recently bought some black ones; I hope they're not bad too.
              The one I have are probably 6+ years old, so I wouldn't worry about it unless somebody else posts that they have a problem with some more recent ones
              Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanick View Post
                The one I have are probably 6+ years old, ...
                Nick - if they're 6+ years old, they may have dry rot, which will cause them to fail within a short period of time.

Here's a handy hint. If you receive any rubber parts, put them into a ziplock plastic bag and seal it. I have found that this increases shelf life.

Comment

You might want to try the Quality part made of urethane #12-2590. Use these on the right (10) side of our machines. Lasts longer than rubber would.
                  You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

I use the Quality version. I have had issues with ones left on the shelf for any length of time. The urethane version seems to hold up very well...even when left on the shelf for a few years.
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Im pretty sure the ones I have are urethane. They are black and very hard. I think too hard to be rubber. I don't think I have ever seen a rubber bumper for that spot before.
                      Nick

Comment

NICK

IF you order a new fiberglass rack bord no bumper needed
                        I think thy Wier for pin damage control on medal boards I just glue a strip of carpet can last for years if install right

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanick View Post
                          I for the most part have the newer style bracket that does not have such a long slot, so Im not sure that part will work with the ones I have. How about Vantage or Zot, anybody use them? Or if nobody's having issues with the current Brunsick part, I can just order them.
                          I use only Zot when i can. They are nylon i think, and will outlast most. Years ago i got a bunch from Murray that were solid nylon or something, wish they still made them.
                          Brent V
                          Hi-tech Repairs-Duck tape & ty raps

Comment

Originally posted by wepauls View Post
                            NICK

IF you order a new fiberglass rack bord no bumper needed
                            I think thy Wier for pin damage control on medal boards I just glue a strip of carpet can last for years if install right
                            Hey Wepauls,

I take it you are thinking I am asking about the bumper strip on the back of the rake boards...I am talking about the little round bumpers that go on the rake lift shaft v-levers for the rake lift rods.
                            Nick

Comment

Originally posted by brentman1 View Post
                              I use only Zot when i can. They are nylon i think, and will outlast most. Years ago i got a bunch from Murray that were solid nylon or something, wish they still made them.
                              I might just give the zot ones a try then.
                              Nick

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse