Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rake dropping

Do not have much information on this yet. Sometimes right before ball gets there, machine goes into a cycle. Rake drops, bang. We have elec. trig. with Qubica scoreing. Only noticed this with other lane running at same time. Have unplugged reset button up front.Did not solve it. Have looked at reset wires for bare spots. Smit-smut looked at the wires for the camera and found nothing amiss. Does not appear to be falling off of clutch lever to trigger cycle. It so far has only happened right before ball gets to camera. Will keep on searching.

CHECK ball detect alignments on 2 machines on ether side
    Some come loose some can bleeder to other ball censers

Comment

I agree check ball detect. If it is loose the vibration of a ball from the other lane going down the drop-sweep could cause a ball detect.
      If it isn't loose check alignment. I use a post-it note with a hole the size of a quarter cut in it, stick it to the reflector and move ball detect around until it is showing alignment.
      You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Went around area and secured all mounts and fasteners to camera and gutter caps. We just completed a shift and did not occur. Hope that is all that it was. Thanks.

Comment

Did you disconnect the front reset button at the pinsetter electrical box or at the reset button itself?
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
            Did you disconnect the front reset button at the pinsetter electrical box or at the reset button itself?
            Reset button itself. Plugged back in before shift.

Comment

It's back.

Comment

Not sure if this is the problem since it went away and came back but I was thinking you should check your pinsetter parameters settings at the front desk for that pair to see if they are the same as working lanes.

Comment

Disconnect the cable for the reset button at the top of the electrical box. This will eliminate the wiring underground along with the button itself.
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I had this problem a few years back when I worked with Qubica scoring where a pinsetter was sporadically cycling as soon as the first ball detect beam was broken. It turned out that the second IR beam was out of alignment, however the problem continued after it was aligned properly. Only after re-uploading the program to VDB (with erase option checked) did it finally go away.

Cuda's method of ensuring your IR beam is exactly centered on the reflector is pretty much what I do too, and with good results. I use a 1/2" flat washer that I stick to the reflector with a little piece of electrical tape, to each his own.

Comment

Found bare wire under gutter cap. Will try again tonight, wish us luck.

Comment

Originally posted by yazu View Post
                        Found bare wire under gutter cap. Will try again tonight, wish us luck.
                        Well that was not the only cause, will keep on looking tomorrow.

Comment

swapped camera board didnt help other pair fine,took out cycle from elec box.it does this 3-6 times a shift with perfect timing so ball hits rake.doesnt come down when on approach.something is telling it to cycle,any help,thanks

Comment

Originally posted by yazu
                            Only noticed this with other lane running at same time.
                            I had something like this once. Qubica would fail to cycle or score on one lane when the ball thrown on the other lane was coming up the underlane. I found a wire from the foul unit to the scoring too close to the underlane track. After I moved the wire it never happened again. I think static electricity from balls was jumping to the foul wire and then to the LCOM wire.

Comment

i took all capping off today to check com wire didnt see anything,its almost like ball is coming back on 17 and trips 18 when they bowl

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse