Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oops! My bad

I want to kick myself in the ass for something I did a long time ago before I knew better. I long time ago when I was put into the position of running the place because our HM was let go, I strated cleaning up the mess of the shop. I found this thing in the image below and it was a little cacked and I didn't know what the heck it was....so I threw it away! Ohhh my....I wish I hadn't done that. I wish I still had that one and I would have liked to get 2 more new ones. They would make adjusting pin spotting a breeze. I realized what they were when I went to pinsetter school. They cost almost $200 brand new!

12700003000_L.jpg

Another thing I threw away that I wish I hadn't was a pin cleaner that was not working. I know now that if I could get my hands on it I would be able to fix it and get it running again.

I kept a few things that I didn't know what they were for a long time...one was a tool for compressing the spring tube- not the big wall mounted one(I have one of those too and knew what it was for). I found out what it was on here.

One other thing I have been holding on to and am not sure what it is...I will have to snap a pic and show it sometime soon!
    Nick

We just purchased an 8 lane facility and the backroom was a mess, the hardest part about cleaning is not knowing what I can use in the future and what really is trash. I know one day I'm going to be in the same boat, wishing I hadn't thrown that away.

Comment

If you are unsure of what something is snap a pic and post it here!
      Nick

Comment

We tossed a pin cleaner at one of my centers. I'm not sure of who tossed it, but, it wasn't working (needed a motor) and one of the guys got tired of kicking it around.

I'm a little conservative when it comes to throwing stuff away. In fact, I rescued used ball lift rod covers from the trash. I used them on SBEs, pit frames and other places. One man's trash is another man's tool.

Comment

I had to toss a drum style pin cleaner years ago. The previous mechanic left about 2" of water and degreaser in the bottom, causing it to rust out beyond repair.

In my 14 years here we have never had a pin gauge. Although past mechanics have made a few of their own tools, like a Deck Jam spring depressor.

Comment

The pin guages are not a necessity, but they are quite nice to have....I doubt I will spend the $$$$ that are needed for them, so that is what sucks about the fact that I threw one away that I had.

I might just see how much it would cost for my machine shop guy to make me 3 of them. He would gust have to cut the head off for me and put a hole through it nice and straight with an ID measurement of the pipe's OD that would be used for the guage.....This might be doable. Does anybody who has the pin guage have the measurements of the pipe in the center? Does the pipe's ID or OD match the pinspot's diameter?
            Nick

Comment

Or you could give your chasers something extra to do.

Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
              Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
              Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

The outside diameter of the pipe is 2 1/2". The inside is 2 1/4", which should match the diameter of the pinspot on the lane.
                The one that I have, the pipe is 8" long and the pin is 6".
                You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Thanks for the info Cuda96
                  Nick

Comment

Got three of them bad boys. Maybe even 4 if I remember correctly.

Comment

I can't believe that they cost what they do....there is almost $600 worth of items in that picture!
                      Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanick View Post
                        I can't believe that they cost what they do....there is almost $600 worth of items in that picture!
                        And about $30 in materials,supply and demand.You demand they will supply just have to pay up
                        70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                        Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanick View Post
                          I kept a few things that I didn't know what they were for a long time...one was a tool for compressing the spring tube- not the big wall mounted one(I have one of those too and knew what it was for). I found out what it was on here.

One other thing I have been holding on to and am not sure what it is...I will have to snap a pic and show it sometime soon!
                          IMG_0138.jpg

Here is the bazooka compression/extension tool....it was just the tool without the chains and clips on the ends....I didn't know what it was for a long time. The addition of the chains and clip allow me to hook it up to the ends of the bazooka.

I don't know what parts are missing from the original tool that hook up to the bazooka, but it would be interesting to see what the original tool has that I am missing

IMG_0140.jpg

And I don't know that this is but I have beed holding onto it forever....anybody know what it is?
                          Nick

Comment

Hey Mechanick, It's called your left hand, LOL.......

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Comment

Originally posted by jim_long View Post
                              Hey Mechanick, It's called your left hand, LOL.......

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
                              you bad jim

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse