Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox Weight

Does anyone know how much a complete Gearbox Assembly weighs? Going to be pulling my first one and would like to know this to do it safely.
    Thanks

They weigh in at around 300lbs. I have a crane that is designed for the back of a pickup, bought from Harbour Frieght, that will bolt right to the catwalk. Works great!
    Still helps to have a second set of hands though.
    You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

I was looking at that crane from harbor freight... love that store! we planned on having 2 guys on the job to make it easier but we were wondering if we could just lift it up and out by ourselves or if we needed a crane. but for the price, I think its worth doing it safely. Thanks cuda

Comment

Your welcome.
        As most would say, better to work safe than be sorry.

Would love to come over and see your center sometime.
        I spent a good deal of my childhood in GH and bowled my first games in Starlight lanes way back in the late 60's early 70's.
        Was through there a couple of weeks ago after bowling in Muskegon just to take a look at the town. First time back in at least 10 years.

Comment

Anytime your in town your more than welcome. I was born and raised here, been working here since i was 14.. Where are you out of now a days?

Comment

I live and work in the S. W. Grand Rapids area. Grandville/Jenison to be exact.

Comment

ah gotcha. Fairlanes?

Comment

That's the one.
                Didn't know if you would be familiar with the area or not.

Comment

The one that I have, the bolt holes line up perfectly with the bolts that hold down the catwalk (I still have the wooden catwalks). Still have to support the catwalk in the middle so it doesn't bow too much, but still very easy to put on and take off.

Comment

Brillant crane and great pics!!

Comment

Thanks for the Pics Mechanick. Thats about what I had thought of, figured I had to brace it somehow.. you just took a lot of guess work out for me.

Thanks again guys

Comment

I have a previous thread linked before the pictures. There you will also see another way to mount the crane to the mechanic's platform as done by other members. With the way I mounted it to the catwalk, I found it necessary to add the bracing and the ratcheting straps because the catwalk supports may buckle without them. Also make sure the hardware forr the catwalk is nice and tight and not missing.
                        Nick

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse