Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about timing modules

here's the story, after the first ball is thrown the rake will lower and stop, no sweep and the deck doesn't move at all. You press the reset button and the machine begins to follow normal pattern. then second ball is thrown no issues pinsetter follows normal pattern.
    Our A-2's are equipped with a Zot eletric trigger and sensors. I was talking on the phone with a traveling mechanic and he said that it was my timing module and to order a Quality timing module for replacement.
    So my question is do i need to change out the PC board on the Zot or is there a different timing module?

He was probably talking about the Time Delay Module that needs to be changed. If you have them.
    The TDM controls the delay in triggering the machine on first ball, and then eliminates the delay for second ball.
    You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Zots module is different from the machines time delay module. you have the ET2001 hanging on the wall? if so, this controls 2 setters. before ordering a new module, try swapping it with another lane to see if the problem moves....

I like to use Zots Time Delay Modules because of the LED diagnostics and the adjustable time delay... JMO

Comment

I prefer the Quality TDM. Doesn't have the LED's but in my experience they last longer, and still have the adjustable time delay.
        You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Good call... still a young mechanic so I've never used quality, always used Zot. just sticking with what I know.

our 20 A machines require the Zot module for their cross ball triggering, and the ET2001 on my 10 A-2s... just started using the Zot modules in them to keep inventory down. now I got a box of 40 Zot TDMs from a place up north to go through :S

Comment

this lane and it's sister lane are not connected to a ET2001, but a couple of the other lanes are. when i compare the electric triggers with the Zot catolog they look like the mini magic eye. The mechanic said something about Quality TDM being better than Brusnwick.

I'll have to do a switch out with another lane of the Zot TDM and maybe swap out one of the 2001's to these lanes.

Thanks for the feedback

Comment

ZOTT ET 2001 have one adjustment for each lane [ if so adjust to 2 seconds ]
              If it fires two early than cant get a signal to [t d m ] to reset machine
              machine will set at rack down

Comment

I was able to change out the ZOT PC board and that wasn't the problem, these two machines are older, and i'm suspecting the previous owner(s) was waiting for the TDM's to go out. I have 4 other lanes hooked up to the Zot 2001's and if i hook these two up to a Zot 2001 does that disarm the TDM in power box? or do i still need to replace that one also?

Comment

The TDM in the power box is seperate and still need it. At least we have them along with the ET2001. If you have ZOT TDMs that are using the cross ball triggering you will no longer need the expander card.

Comment

I myself prefer bowl-tronics. Good product and seem to last
                    My father told me to never get old...I should have listened!

Comment

I am not a big fan of the ZOT TDMs. I actually like the original TDMs because they are easily repairable. A couple of years ago I went through a box of 30 or so time delay modules that were not funtioning properly (or at all) and I got the majority of them repaired and added a potentiometer to make the delay adjustable. It was actually not that difficult. I actually have not had to replace many of them since then so I still have TDMs comming out of the yin yang....I will probably never need to buy one again!

1001707f.jpg
                      Nick

Comment

It's the weekend, I changed out the TDM with a new Quality TDM. The machine will just sit idle after both balls are thrown. First ball idle, hit bowlers reset, throw second ball-idle, hit mechanics reset. Both resets are working. i tried adjusting the delay speed to a shorter time, but still the same response. I appreciate your time...

Comment

Originally posted by wyoldpainter View Post
                          It's the weekend, I changed out the TDM with a new Quality TDM. The machine will just sit idle after both balls are thrown. First ball idle, hit bowlers reset, throw second ball-idle, hit mechanics reset. Both resets are working. i tried adjusting the delay speed to a shorter time, but still the same response. I appreciate your time...
                          Maybe soemthing is wrong with your rake switch on the back of the electrical box
                          Nick

Comment

no visible box, I'll have to research that one for a minute

Comment

found it, it's mounted inside the eletrical box... I'll switch it out with another lane

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse