Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be making videos of the Brunswick A2 machine. opinions wanted

Hey everyone,
    I have a GoPro Camera and want to use it on the process we have at our bowling center and maybe it might help people. I have just a starting video which is the first video ever made and put up by me so it might be ok or bad and I want your opinion if I should post more up? Please let me know and good and bad comments are all welcome, the only thing I ask is that you have a comment behind what you think. if the link does not work you can go to youtube and type in my name. Darin Helbling.

thank your for your time.

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/rp?a=AI_UWnkxMxyXNUmD0VWlppiNEab9jYTQVQ5XMslJcE-peUy6NlMKcFC2_H8IEENqWYRKq_y7P1DzzHqBHZFIsO1Z4I5cZ khV55l_iILcrBCKJDTBGuHPB2_fo2PXquA7UZUc4U9Hhyosxhs k-8wGc3SR0dxoW8FEOrSvC9oGo7KSsG--sil01O7HEVxnAdEFZqwDMTD7gFBdex416wzVEtbw9X0G2LJow5 iBt1UMrPZ8hxGPeH9qSFU

Yea buddy, start your sequence of videos. nice start, i like the way you introduced the house and ages of your machines. I look forward to the next video.

wyoldpainter

Comment

I copy and paste the link and no video is coming up
      Nick

Comment

Ditto

The URL you tried to use is either incorrect or no longer valid.

jonesborobowl.com

Comment

you can go to yourtube and type in my name Darin Helbling and it should be the first video.

I have a set of 3 I am going to put up and have to redo steps one and 3. Maybe 3 cuz I recorded it upside down it was great i found a deck bearing out and had to replace it which I filmed as well but upside down! GRRR. I am going to see if I can get a video creater cuz they are good ones.

Comment

Cool, look forward to seeing the videos!
            Nick

Comment

i couldn't get the link to work but i went to U toube and put in his name like he suggested and the link pulled up to watch it

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Not a negative comment but something to consider; we must be careful of the attention we (the industry) draw to ourselves through pictures and videos of the machinery we work with. If the "expected" safety protocol isn't being followed in a publicly viewable media, it may draw unwanted attention to this older, less safer machinery. It would be beneficial to show LOTO and the safety requirements followed as per the service manual, at the very least.

Please don't take offense to my comments, I encourage education, I just don't want to hear about an injury associated with informal educational material missing a safety aspect that would otherwise save someone from a dangerous situation.

However, if my guys see this and start bending my turret wires, Ill be coming after you. Lol
                Last edited by Kanga (James); 01-28-2012, 02:06 AM.
                Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Enjoyed the vids very much! Good stuff! Keep em coming!
                  All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Ok give me Monday and I will hopefully make 2 videos. parts 1 and 2 of a 3 part machine maintain. I have the 3rd part made and is good one I just have to figure out out to invert it right side up. Plus I will be putting up videos of fixes that I do as well.

Comment

I agree with Kanga. Make sure to show proper LOTO procedures.
                      I didn't like seeing you touching some of the parts of the machine that you did with the electical cord still plugged in. Even if the machine is off.

Another thing you might want to take into consideration as you are making the videos is sound. As you move away from the camera with your back to it, it gets hard to hear what you are saying. Something that I learned in teaching computer classes for 10 years, explain what you are going to do while facing the audience, then turn your back to do it. If you want to, after you are done, turn to face the camera, and explain what you just did in more detail.

Very good start. Will check out others as you get them posted.
                      You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

did not work

Comment

Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12S5V3cWnmQ
                          You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga View Post
                            Thanks for sharing.

Not a negative comment but something to consider; we must be careful of the attention we (the industry) draw to ourselves through pictures and videos of the machinery we work with. If the "expected" safety protocol isn't being followed in a publicly viewable media, it may draw unwanted attention to this older, less safer machinery. It would be beneficial to show LOTO and the safety requirements followed as per the service manual, at the very least.

Please don't take offense to my comments, I encourage education, I just don't want to hear about an injury associated with informal educational material missing a safety aspect that would otherwise save someone from a dangerous situation.

However, if my guys see this and start bending my turret wires, Ill be coming after you. Lol

Funny thing. In my third video I made I found a deck bearing going out. So I made a video (also upside down. GRR.) and I have a few safety points in there when doing it. hope to post it.

Comment

good video but definitely not enough emphases on safety right from the second you sat on elevator frame to end of second video those machines were not even shut off by beaker what if counter decided to give the lane out i think what your doing is great but you may want to start over and make sure all safety pro cations are being done some pin chaser some place is going to get hurt next thing he will say is i did it like i saw i agree with kanga if safety organizations see this they will be all over us and next thing you know our machines will be all guarded like Mechanick posted just my opinion
                              http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...-getting-these
                              Mama said bowlers are ornery because they got all them balls and conditions are never good enough

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse