Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope we never get forced into getting these

Nick

At least with that system the machine can be observed in oprtation. Our guards are metal, and plastic. There is almost no way to see what is going on inside the machine.

Comment

By being forced to get these, the cost could effectively bankrupt most smaller center ya think?

Comment

Europe. Stripping the fun out of every job with red tape.
        www.bigclive.com

Comment

and by the looks of this cage set up it makes it look impossible to make many repairs what I would call the "conventional" way

Comment

I do not want to use a stick to clear jams like that with moving belts. Much easier to control my fingers from a couple inches then a stick from five feet.
            Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

WE Had one in ca we installed 6" catwalk exertions and hand rails to all lanes
              Wat a pane

Comment

Have fun replacing a pinwheel.
                My father told me to never get old...I should have listened!

Comment

I think its a pretty cool system

Comment

Open door machine turns off. Step in and close door behind you, machine turns back on. Now what is the guard going to protect. The not properly trained and risk takers will still get hurt. But now the owner has a way to deny your medical claim because you were caught in the cage with a running machine.
                    With this system you'll also need a good robotic video camera hooked up to a nice big HD monitor (more $$$$$$) so you can watch the problem areas like the turret clutch and gear box linkage. And you'll need 2 five foot long non conductive micro sticks to take readings with your volt meter at TS2. Who has steady hands? lol Would be nice to hear from a mechanic who has to work around this on a daily basis.
                    jonesborobowl.com

Comment

Hi, joined today. Name is David. (See New Members) I have been trained as an OHS rep here in Australia. Having just seen the above Vid. I think from an OHS viewpoint that that system is over engineered, unnecessary and has taken OHS too far. This seems to take responsibility away from the tech and put back on to the Employer. While employers are responsible for safe work environs, training is a major key in safe work practices, not through expensive systems. One are which is out of control is when kids/people run down the lane pass the ball sensors. A shutdown system for that would be great. Uncertain if one has been designed.

Comment

Originally posted by madminstrel View Post
                        One are which is out of control is when kids/people run down the lane pass the ball sensors. A shutdown system for that would be great. Uncertain if one has been designed.
                        Indeed there has...
                        http://www.cybernetic.com.au/product_laneminder.html
                        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga View Post
                          Thanx Kanga. Its good to know that something exists. General Public seem to think they have no accountability/responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

Originally posted by madminstrel View Post
                            General Public seem to think they have no accountability/responsibility for their own actions.
                            That appears to be a world wide problem.

Comment

The Brunswick ETB have a lock out feature. If the rake doesn't fall all the way, it blacks out. If the ball detect is continuously blocked it will not trigger.

As far as all this safety cage stuff is concerned, I would prefer to train someone up with an eye towards safety. This is known as common sense!

But, as we all know, common sense can not be learned.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse