Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit shaft repair ends

Another quick question.

Looking for the Quality number for the repair ends on the pit drive shaft, and how successful are they.
    My father told me to never get old...I should have listened!

not sure of part # or if still available but I used quite a few over the years with success had machine shop cut and weld them on worked well.

Comment

I think thy wear discontinued [ please don't quote me hear ]
      [ do to inability of many machine shops to aline the two ends ]to have shaft operate properly
      If assembled 1 or 2 degree off shaft would blow out Jagger link bearings long before thar time

Comment

So it looks like it's going to be a replacement other than a repair. I found a local shop that can knurl the large end for cheap. The offset end would run as much for a new shaft.

Comment

This what your looking for Phil ? Page 4 once you open link...

http://www.schemmbowling.com/newesthome/Mechanics/catalogs/sbi/exclusive.pdf
          DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Vantage still sells a 3 peice vibrator shaft . the 2 ends are inserted into a sheft with hollow end and spring pins hold them in place
            Nick

Comment

No, that's not it. That's for the shaker frame. I need the ends for the vibrator shaft.

Comment

http://www.vantagebowling.com/catalo...ck_catalog.pdf

I think what you are looking for is at the bottom left side of page 14 on the pdf (page 26 of he book) of the Vantage catalog
                Nick

Comment

You can buy complete used shaker assemblies for very cheap. See Ed Fox.
                  If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Comment

I tried a Vantage three piece shaft. IMO a piece of junk! The ends held in by a roll pin? Not good! But I did weld the ends on and it seems to be doing fine!
                    Jerry
                    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X