Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big problem

ok on lane ten we had a gasket take a crap on our gearbox. we had oil drip all over the pit carpet and they have gotten all over the pins.
    Today i took shaker board out. sprayed with degreaser and powerwashed the heck out of it. for the most part it is clean.
    cleaned deck shoots deck rollers kickbacks pin curtain. cushin cover ball wheen pin wheel the pin holder springs. cleaned the cross conveyor cross conveyor belts. turret wires snubber and spoons. i also put in a different round of pins in that machines. and i cant get any of the pins up over the pingate. any suggestions

Clean or replace the cogged crossconveyer belts.
    j.c. I would rather be dead right, Than dead wrong.

Comment

Clean cc belts better yet chang them

Comment

That much gear oil may mean that you have something broken instead of just a gasket going bad. Where is the oil coming from?
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I've had this issue with 1:1 bolts coming loose...

Comment

4:1 bolts came loose. we have had a few other machines were 1:1 bolts came loose but not this kind of problem. that and thhose got caught a lot earlier. the previous owner of the center neglected a lot of the machine issues

Comment

yes a loose lower 4:1 bolt will lose all gear oil. All of my drain plugs are frozen so I have to use the lowest 4:1 bolt to drain oil :S a little time consuming but its gotta be done

Comment

Originally posted by speir01 View Post
                yes a loose lower 4:1 bolt will lose all gear oil. All of my drain plugs are frozen so I have to use the lowest 4:1 bolt to drain oil :S a little time consuming but its gotta be done
                Try turning the plug in a little, some times that will break it loose.
                I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Power wash those belts or as wepauls said change them.

Dave
                  When I die bury my balls next to the old bag!

Comment

Depending on what style of drain plugs you have, you can still break them loose. Might require some JB weld if you have the Allen wrench setup...purchase some threaded rod couplings that have an outside size of 9/16". JB weld one inside the drain plug. When it is dry...you can use an impact and it should come out.

To hold the threaded rod coupling in place while the JB weld dries, install the oil pan and measure the distance from the drain plug and the top of the oil pan. Obtain a bolt that is that length and has the same threads as the coupling. Remove oil pan, JB weld the coupling into place and thread the bolt into the coupling. While holding everything in place, install the oil pan and then back the bolt out until the head of the bolt is against the oil pan. This will hold the coupling in place while the JB weld dries. Should take 24 hours for it to fully cure. Be sure not to get any JB weld on the threads of the bolt so you can remove it once the JB weld has dried. Once the plug has been removed, you can always reuse the plug with the coupling left in place. Use teflon tape on the threads when putting back in and you will not need to make it so tight in the future.

Hope that helps...
                    Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Being a pipe tread on those plugs, should not have over tighten them.
                      I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

You are so right...they do not need to be tightened so much that they will not come back out. Teflon tape keeps it from leaking and allows you to put just enough torque on them to keep thim in...not to seal them. The tape will do that part.
                        Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by PJ View Post
                          Being a pipe tread on those plugs, should not have over tighten them.
                          Tell that to the #!*$^! that did that before me. Grrr.
                          Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                          Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                          Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

LOL...Kanga, for some reason this seems to be a very common problem. Overtightened hardware. Another place I find this is the sight glass. I again use Teflon tape and just enough torque to keep it from coming loose.
                            Main Event Entertainment

Comment

I did not overtighten them. It was this way before i took over and the guy before me. in the 70's i hear that they got sold a "lifetime" gear oil. when i took over and I heard that...I CRINGED. NOOOOO SUCH THING!!!!! first thing I did was try to change the gear fluid, only to find I had to use 4:1 bolt instead of drain plug. It works, but Steve, I will definately try your suggestion. Thanks guys

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse