Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double indexing after 5 pin drop

Lane 15 started double indexing after the 5 pin drop. And the trip lever does like a half twitch right before the double index. Any ideas

i would check your turret clutch and the rotation of the time delay gear. I would also keep an eye on the indexing latch to see if it is fully closing and short link

Comment

Change the short turret drive belt, most common cause.
      rfm

Comment

The indexing bellcrank roller might be riding too high on the time delay gear...it is supposed to be just low enough so that it only contacts the ramp on the time delay gear. It it rides too high the second dip you may be seeing could be from the roller on the bellcrank rolling over the holes on the time delay gear....might have to adjust your trip lever down a touch....then if your idexing becomes too sensitive because of this (muti-indexing problems on the rest of the pin positions)you might have to lengthen your short link slightly (if you don't have the adjustable type, you would acheive this by reshaping it).

Try the short turret belt first because it is an easier fix. If the short turret belt is streached too much it could be causing the problems. An indicator would be if the post for the torsion latch is underneath the shaft on the turret frame for the trip lever if you are looking from above.
        Nick

Comment

ok found the problem the short link was bent replaced working fine. I have another problem lane 4 is not indexing after the 5 pin drop which is causing blackouts all the time im getting two pins in the 5 pin chute

Comment

Originally posted by MA56 View Post
            ok found the problem the short link was bent replaced working fine. I have another problem lane 4 is not indexing after the 5 pin drop which is causing blackouts all the time im getting two pins in the 5 pin chute
            Could be a number of things....please descibe what you are seeing happening....deos the lever strike the torsion latch? does the gear then turn or not? Do you see a dip in the trip lever if the gear does turn? Does the turret start to index but hesitate?
            Nick

Comment

sorry i figured it out it was the trip lever hitting the probe i could see where the trip lever was hitting it started to wear it down a bit. thanks for the help though on 15

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X