Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actuator assembly

Last night in league one of the lanes started sweeping all pins after first ball. Turns out the shaft that the acuator assembly turns on came out of the gear box. The bolt was snapped. Could not tap out. so epoxy'd it in. what is the correct thing thing to do when you can't get the bolt out.
    j.c. I would rather be dead right, Than dead wrong.

Read through this recent thread....it is about removing the shaft in order to get the bolt out.... you don't have the issue of needing to remove the shaft, but you will find info in here that will help you with removing the broken bolt. Steve has a good tip about using the shaft ID as a guide to put a dimple in the center of the broken bolt, to help with the drilling and extraction of the bolt.

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...l=1#post459155
    Nick

Comment

getting the shaft out was not the problem as it came out on it's own. Appearently some one at some time had tried to tap out and must be a easy out broke because it would not drill. Used new bits. was like trying to drill into diamonds. So i epoxy'd the shaft in and threaded the outside end of the shaft and used a bolt and washer. Seems to work at least for now.
      j.c. I would rather be dead right, Than dead wrong.

Comment

the only problem you might find is that that is may be a reoccuring problem for that shaft to keep on working its way out over time. The epoxy will probably fail over time. I have some GB that have been threaded on the inside with a larger bolt like you have done. what was also done was a hole was drilled and tapped through the top of the aluminum housing into the shaft and a bolt was put through to lock the shaft in place.
        Nick

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X