Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actuator assembly

Last night in league one of the lanes started sweeping all pins after first ball. Turns out the shaft that the acuator assembly turns on came out of the gear box. The bolt was snapped. Could not tap out. so epoxy'd it in. what is the correct thing thing to do when you can't get the bolt out.
    j.c. I would rather be dead right, Than dead wrong.

Read through this recent thread....it is about removing the shaft in order to get the bolt out.... you don't have the issue of needing to remove the shaft, but you will find info in here that will help you with removing the broken bolt. Steve has a good tip about using the shaft ID as a guide to put a dimple in the center of the broken bolt, to help with the drilling and extraction of the bolt.

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...l=1#post459155
    Nick

Comment

getting the shaft out was not the problem as it came out on it's own. Appearently some one at some time had tried to tap out and must be a easy out broke because it would not drill. Used new bits. was like trying to drill into diamonds. So i epoxy'd the shaft in and threaded the outside end of the shaft and used a bolt and washer. Seems to work at least for now.
      j.c. I would rather be dead right, Than dead wrong.

Comment

the only problem you might find is that that is may be a reoccuring problem for that shaft to keep on working its way out over time. The epoxy will probably fail over time. I have some GB that have been threaded on the inside with a larger bolt like you have done. what was also done was a hole was drilled and tapped through the top of the aluminum housing into the shaft and a bolt was put through to lock the shaft in place.
        Nick

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• KIM
          Bellcrank bolt
          by KIM
          A machine. The bolt that holds the bellcrank on broke off, anybody know if the stud comes out of the gearbox so I can drill out the bolt. And is there a replacement for the stud?...
          01-16-2012, 06:05 PM
        • nighthawk
          Deck Lift Shaft Bolt Loosens
          by nighthawk
          The 10 pin side lift shaft bolt likes to back out a bit,of course i re-tighten it but loose it goes again.
          The shaft was replaced for welding work about 2 years ago and...
          06-09-2005, 12:11 AM
        • samg
          Broken bolt issue
          by samg
          Ok, so I got a call on lane 16 for it cycling. The pin on the top of the clutch activator had broken and the roller sleeve was in the bottom oil pan. replaced, no biggie.
          12-12-2010, 05:45 PM
        • Sharpie
          Bastard shaft
          by Sharpie
          Its been awhile since i worked on a-a2s(2.5years). I have a friend that has a broken bastard shaft. I need a quick refresher on the procedure to change it out and the tools required...
          03-22-2011, 02:59 PM
        • sportlanes
          Ball wheel guide roller shaft
          by sportlanes
          I have a lower ball wheel shaft 10 pin side that the allen screw that holds the guide roller on the shaft has stripped out
          and what would be the best way to remove the shaft?...
          04-25-2012, 11:37 AM

A2 1 to 1 Gear Box Cover Replacement Due to Crack

I am refurbishing two converted A2 machines that I will be installing in my home basement this fall. One of them has a leaking gear box and cracked 1:1 gear box cover. I have...

Streamlane Mask Halo Lights

With huge thanks to "Toby" for all his help & expertise...my old masks now have for-real halo lights again.

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

Aluminum Repair and Welding

with our broken moving deck i have been asked to figure out if there is a way we can weld it back together in house for very little expense.
        http://aluminumrepair.com/...

Setting Table Harness Connections

Hi, guys.

We recently replaced our setting table harness and when the machine's run in diagnostic mode, we get 01, 02, 03, 04 + 09 errors, or when you place pins...

check this jam...

the ball stuck the table up

Working...
        X