Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOWER SCISSOR CABLE REPLACEMENT

Does anyone have a trick/easy method to replace a lower scissor cable?

Yup. Here's what to do.
    1. set up a pin out of range.
    2. run the pinsetter until it detects the OOR and the scissors close. This removes most of the tension applied by the scissor spring.
    3. let the deck come about half-way up.
    4. TAG OUT LOCK OUT.
    5. remove the right end (10 pin side) of the scissor spring. Swing it out of the way. It will still be attached to the bell crank.
    6. use care when removing the cable pin from the bell crank.
    7. install new cable, again using care when replacing the cable pin.
    8. reinstall spring and climb out of pinsetter.
    9. remove safety (LOTO) devices and power up machine.
    10. allow pinsetter to complete its OOR cycle, returning to zero.
    11. LOTO again.
    12. adjust scissor cable. When first scissor set touches its stops, adjustment is made. Tighten all adjusting jam nuts.
    13. remove LOTO devices.
    14. power pinsetter and run through several cycles to make sure scissors are operating properly.
    15. When machine operates as it should, return to service.

Comment

Set an out of range pin. pull the hook and shut the machine off just before it gets to the top. Make sure it is not on the deck holding hook. LOTO. (lock out tag out) At least shut off breaker and unplug cord. Remove the curtain. Take a pair of vice grips into the pit. There is a belcrank arm that the spring attaches to and the scissors cable attaches to it also. Clamp the vice grips to the scissors deck so the belcrank wont rotate when you take the large spring on the back of the deck off. Climb on the carpet and put your left foot high up on the 10 pin kickback wall. Brace yourself and with both hands grab the spring and push it off the belcrank. The cable should now be without pressure and you can now take it off.
      (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X