Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange

here is a strange problem. on one of our machines. factory a-2. we have the pin that connects the pull rod for the out of range that engages the gear box. anyways. the x washer keeps breaking. it is very confusing. would anyone have any ideas why this keeps happening

Does it break when you pull on it during an Out-Of-Range? Or after a certain length of time? Also, is there rust around where the 2 links connect at the pin you are talking about? I put a drop of oil at the connection points every once in a great while.
    http://s97.photobucket.com/home/Mook_064/allalbums

Mike

Comment

After years in operation the groove can get sharp edges mostly do to lack of [ PM oiling ]and cut the x pin in two
      R and R the link and round off sharpness with a fine file

Comment

Auto OOR Kits? lol

Comment

MRDJ:
          Most put an o-ring on that pin, instead of a x-washer
          rfm

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            MRDJ:
            Most put an o-ring on that pin, instead of a x-washer

^correct....if the holes have a lot of slop in them the x-washers or pin ends tend to break off. An o-ring will help
            Nick

Comment

When you install the pin and x-washer...put a dab of grease on them. this will prevent vibration of the pin and x-washer which in turn should prevent the breakage.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Shannon
                OOR
                by Shannon
                A few questions on those OOR

1. When a pin moves to OOR position and the machine sweeps it out, to respot, is the pin suppose to be respotted in its original position...
                01-07-2001, 03:26 PM
              • Dick Nutt
                Auto OOR
                by Dick Nutt
                I have seen a lot of pro's and con's about the automatic OOR kits. Personnaly I like them, the only problem that I have had with them is the large link pin on the hook selector...
                11-02-2005, 09:02 PM
              • referee
                pin out of range
                by referee
                Does any one know of a way to help get rid of pin out of range issues? I am having several of them show up on my error log every morning. The nice thing is that this error is...
                06-20-2006, 09:47 AM
              • Jack Sparrow
                Breaking X-Pin
                by Jack Sparrow
                What would cause a machine to frequently break the X-Pin that holds the out of range reset link to the starter bellcrank?

By frequently, I mean 3 or 4 per...
                01-16-2006, 08:18 PM
              • referee
                Pin out of Range
                by referee
                I have been dealing with a lot of pin out of range lately. The bad thing about this is that every time that it happens, it will black out the lane. Does any one have any solutions...
                10-03-2013, 09:32 AM

A2 1 to 1 Gear Box Cover Replacement Due to Crack

I am refurbishing two converted A2 machines that I will be installing in my home basement this fall. One of them has a leaking gear box and cracked 1:1 gear box cover. I have...

Streamlane Mask Halo Lights

With huge thanks to "Toby" for all his help & expertise...my old masks now have for-real halo lights again.

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

Aluminum Repair and Welding

with our broken moving deck i have been asked to figure out if there is a way we can weld it back together in house for very little expense.
              http://aluminumrepair.com/...

Setting Table Harness Connections

Hi, guys.

We recently replaced our setting table harness and when the machine's run in diagnostic mode, we get 01, 02, 03, 04 + 09 errors, or when you place pins...

check this jam...

the ball stuck the table up

Working...
              X