Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Coat of Paint

Been working on a machine the past couple days from top to bottom. Figured I might as well get a fresh coat of paint on some it. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.
    0212120113.jpg0212120115.jpg
    Also, I wasn't planning on replacing any turret wires, because they all looked to be in pretty good condition.
    0211122229.jpg
    So much for that idea. Pretty much every single wire was broken in the middle of the bend. Gonna have to throw a couple more on the parts order. And it looks like Im gonna have to do more than just look at them to make sure they're good.

Looks good witty! About those turret wires, if someone else wants to chime in and correct me if I am wrong, but from the picture, those wires still look good. I believe that they used to sell them in halves? Am I wrong on this? In my center we still have many many halves which we still use.

Either way, never seen blue on a machine, nice change of pace!

Dan

Comment

On a few of them, you could see where they were tackwelded together, either from the factory or otherwise. But Ive only been working on these for ~2 years, so ive only seen 1 piece wires, so I could be wrong lol.

Comment

We still have plenty of 2 piece wires in use, we cut bad ones and keep the good half which isn't broken for a spare. I'm with ya play, those are just 2 piece wires and look fine to me Very nice looking machine too. Looks VERY different but awesome as well with the blue!
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

LOOKS GOOD deal

Comment

There's nothing wrong with the wires that aren't joined in the middle under the clamp. Some of the older ones weren't joined there to begin with. I actually prefer them not joined; the flex the two independent halves have may limit breakage and allow the rubber caps to absorb the impact and limit breakage outside the clamp. JMO
            Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
            Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
            Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I believe those original 2 piece wires are stainless and rarely break, I have 2 centers with them still, and out of 20 lanes only 6 or 8 have ever been changed. I love them.
              Brent V
              Hi-tech Repairs-Duck tape & ty raps

Comment

Witty:
                Where are your electrical box covers?
                rfm

Comment

Roscoe, They are on the front of the machine. You can see them in the picture.

Dave
                  When I die bury my balls next to the old bag!

Comment

When I was new at this I also thought they were just broken wires because all you see in the new parts catalog are 1 piece wires....but they are not. I threw out a bunch back in the day....put them back in use and save your money on not buying new 1 piece wires.

Your pinsetter looks nice!
                    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by tubby View Post

Dave
                      Actually they are not in place in the pic shown

Nick

Comment

I believe Roscoe means the cover for your the box which I see is no the front of the rake shaft. I would not want it there.
                        I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Originally posted by tubby View Post

Dave
                          Yes the boxes are in front, but there is no cover on it. Hopefully the paint is drying on it and will be installed before the machine is back in service.
                          jonesborobowl.com

Comment

When the cover is missing on a front mounted electrical box, this is even more dangerous of a situation that if it is missing on a rear mounted box(which is still dangerous). The reason it is more dangerous is because at least when its in front of you, you can see what you are touching. With the front mounted box there is more of a danger of someone reaching over and toughing something they should not because they do not have a clear front view of what they are getting their hands into!
                            Nick

Comment

Yea the cover was still in the "paint booth". Just forgot to pot it back on prior to taking the picture. Rest assured safety is most definitely our top concern.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse