Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycling Problem

Strange problem. Rake drops and the pinsetter does not cycle. Push reset nothing, clutch already engaged, solenoid is firing, have replaced time delay module. Problem comes and goes. Only way to get the machine to cycle is to turn it off then back on.
    If it's broke it will work great.... until you stop watching it.

Originally posted by MudMan1 View Post
    Strange problem. Rake drops and the pinsetter does not cycle. Push reset nothing, clutch already engaged, solenoid is firing, have replaced time delay module. Problem comes and goes. Only way to get the machine to cycle is to turn it off then back on.
    So the solenoid is firing and enagaging the GB clutch....but your pinsetter is not cycling. Doesn't seem to be an electrical problem then. Do you have an oil leak from that worm shaft? Maybe oil is contaminating your clutch facings.
    Nick

Comment

Do you have a Pinsetter Saver installed on this machine?
      It is an electronic relay that shuts off power to the motor after a period of time so that not all of the belts are running all the time. Lights stay on so the customer doesn't see any difference and as soon as a ball is thrown the motor starts back up and cycles the pinsetter.
      You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanick View Post
        So the solenoid is firing and enagaging the GB clutch....but your pinsetter is not cycling. Doesn't seem to be an electrical problem then. Do you have an oil leak from that worm shaft? Maybe oil is contaminating your clutch facings.
        That makes some sense. I have noticed at times the pinsetter will eventually cycle (most of the time when I am en-route to the closest switch). Perhaps the clutch eventually manages a grip??
        If it's broke it will work great.... until you stop watching it.

Comment

for grins adj the two 1 1/8 nuts on the worm shaft in 2 turns and then adj. the bottom 7/16 clutch adj. to get it to stop at 0. this will give more spring pressure for the clutch to engage and will change the location of the disc on the worm shaft if the splines are worn and binding
          formerly dunsel
          ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

I would lean toward Rips idea. If the splines are bad enough, they might not allow the clutch to actually engage. Repositioning the drive disc assembly on the worm shaft just might help...but you should no doubt take the clutch apart to verify and possibly replace the worn components.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse