Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My moving deck wont shift all the way forward

So, on a day I wasn't here, A weird jam happened. When the rake was all the way back sweeping pins, part of it broke up and jammed the machine. Then one of the pinsetters unjammed the rake, which of course make it shoot forward. At that time the deck was moving down and the rake arm met the moving deck pulley, and just jammed everything. Took me a long time to get them unjammed. Finally when I did, everything seemed to run fine, although.... When the deck goes to shift forward, it wont go all the way, ALTHOUGH, when you go to activate the machine, the first this it does, is the deck will shift all the way forward. It's pretty strange, the only way to get it to go all the way, it activating it, which of course causes problems. Seems like maybe its the Geneva pulley? Or maybe the jam caused the lower moving deck cable to stretch out? Thoughts?

check the all the cables and moving deck folower posibly a broken or lose bolt in the deck someplace bnding bring the deck to 270 remove gineva plates and slide deck by hane to see if you can feal a bind
    Mama said bowlers are ornery because they got all them balls and conditions are never good enough

Comment

Not sure what issues are occurring that makes you state...

Originally posted by highball View Post
      It's pretty strange, the only way to get it to go all the way, it activating it, which of course causes problems.

What problems are happening as this information might let us know what might be wrong.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

The reason the deck stops short the gear-box is stooping to soon before o
        Look at your gear-box adjustment you may have to run 4-1 link little hi
        this will help get deck all the way forward
        to get you through Intel you can chang moving-sissier cam

Comment

Originally posted by wepauls View Post
          The reason the deck stops short the gear-box is stooping to soon before o
          Look at your gear-box adjustment you may have to run 4-1 link little hi
          this will help get deck all the way forward
          to get you through Intel you can chang moving-sissier cam
          I agree with wepauls. Possibly during the jam you may have twisted your 1-1 shaft. Or you may have play in the keyway for the 1-1 spur gear. Check to see if the moving deck scissors cam has a skip in it when the machine is cycling.
          (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

When the rake was all the way back sweeping pins, part of it broke up and jammed the machine. Then one of the pinsetters unjammed the rake, which of course make it shoot forward.
            That's a little weird in itself. Did the rake arm break?
            At that time the deck was moving down and the rake arm met the moving deck pulley, and just jammed everything.
            That must have been the lower moving deck cable pulley.
            Took me a long time to get them unjammed.
            That's understandable.
            Finally when I did, everything seemed to run fine,
            That's debatable. If you had problems after clearing the jam, then the machine didn't run fine; because, you went on to say.....
            When the deck goes to shift forward, it wont go all the way,
            I would suspect that you have more issues that are not visible.
            ALTHOUGH, when you go to activate the machine, the first this it does, is the deck will shift all the way forward.
            That could be caused by a number of things. The gearbox clutch is disengaging early (not at zero). The moving deck/scissor cam could be slipping on the shaft, due to a sloppy keyway. I doubt if the shaft twisted. It's cold-rolled steel and difficult to twist, even under a lot of pressure.

Does the machine black out? If it does, there's a bind in the moving deck travel; preventing it from moving all the way forward. Check the position of the roll pin in the moving deck cable spring tube. If it is in any position other than full up, there's a bind in the moving deck. This can be caused by a broken or loose spotting finger or deck chute mounting screw. Remember, those screws are mounted from the bottom up, with the nuts at the top. It's very possible to have a nut in place, but the screw is hanging down.
            It's pretty strange, the only way to get it to go all the way, it activating it, which of course causes problems.
            I'm guessing that a black out is the problem. And I explained some of the causes above.
            Seems like maybe its the Geneva pulley? Or maybe the jam caused the lower moving deck cable to stretch out? Thoughts?
            The geneva plate and cable stretching would be uncommon; however, it's possible. During the initial jam, the rake arm could have contacted the geneva plate and distorted it somehow. The way to find out is to compare the "damaged" plate with a known good one.

Also, the moving deck cables do stretch; however, if they have stretched to the point of not being able to pull the moving deck forward, the cable would have stretched to its breaking point. If that's the case, the best thing to do is replace all three cables.

At worst case, the initial jam could have caused more than one problem. If that's the case, all of the issues have to be corrected before putting the pinsetter back into service.

Comment

When the deck goes to shift forward, it wont go all the way, ALTHOUGH, when you go to activate the machine, the first this it does, is the deck will shift all the way forward. It's pretty strange, the only way to get it to go all the way, it activating it, which of course causes problems.
              when the deck stops soon 1/2' or so back
              After turret delvers 10 pins to deck than machine starts the deck moves forward that 1/2" some
              pins can get cort between roller and back of deck buckets than deck moves forward causing sometimes black-outs

Comment

I just had this same thing happen, I adjusted the timing of the gearbox and had to change the deck cable. The deck at 0 was about a 1/2" back from deck post and would shift forward at the begining of the cycle catching the pins between the rollers and the spotting fingers just enough to jam it.
                Last edited by riversidesmechanic; 02-17-2012, 09:52 AM. Reason: adding to comment

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse