Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck and rake will not move from in between 90 and 180

Last night I had a call, that the machine is rake down in between the 2/3/5 pin spots (not touching the deck) the gearbox clutch was very hot to touch. Deck was moving to pick up pins before 2nd ball, and stopped. all belts moving clutch is not. Today I took the GB clutch apart ( recently rebuilt) and checked parts for wear and oils or greases. Did not find any. After I take everything apart my input shaft will turn freely but after I put it back together it will not.

Does the gearbox have oil in it?

That's what i would check.
    Go with what works and not what the book says.

Comment

first and for most remove power from machine
      release rack hook try to get 4-1 link to o [ if you have a bad 4-1 ]this may not be possible
      put machine on ball 2 and have helpers left deck to engage holding hook
      to relieves gear-box presser
      than remove elevator belt try pull gear-box belt in reverse to see if gear-box moves

let us know

Comment

Were the wormshaft splines greased?

Are there any pins on top of the deck assembly contacting the pinsetter frame (won't cause a blackout)?
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Remove the GB clutch and wormshaft and look inside. If it looks like this, replace the 4 to 1 assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by riversidesmechanic View Post
            Did not find any. After I take everything apart my input shaft will turn freely but after I put it back together it will not.
            Did you locate the your problem

Comment

The inside of the gearbox and worm gear looks fine. I did a complete rebuild of GB clutch and input shaft. When it was out it rotated and moved freely. When reinstalled it would not rotate. There is a pin on the moving deck but it is not contacting anything.

Comment

@ Kanga The splines are greased.

Comment

Did you check for broken spring in your spring tube? If I am reading this thing right. Can you manually lift deck? Can you manually push rake back? If not, whats stopping them?
                  I got it ! I got it ! Oh damn

Comment

I can push rake manually backwards, the deck, no I cant move it

Comment

I don't know EXACTLLY where your machine is stopped. 1st ball? 2nd ball? what degree? But unless your deck is already all the way up, which I doubt, I would find out why you cannot lift it. There is nothing in the gear box to stop you from lifting it, even a little bit.
                      I got it ! I got it ! Oh damn

Comment

No I can't move the belt or deck by hand

Comment

It is 1st ball at strike 90. I disassembled the clutch to check the parts. And they are fine. The worm gear looks fine also. When I put the clutch back together it wont rotate

Comment

can you get on the deck and lift the deck if you can try and get some one to help you and get it on the deck holding hook to take presure off gearbox than see if you can turn belts if not i suspect somthing is broken in the gearbox take down 4-1 and look inside thats where i would start
                            Mama said bowlers are ornery because they got all them balls and conditions are never good enough

Comment

I have got the deck and input shaft moving. What I did was took the input shaft and rotated it by hand back to 0. Put the gearbox belt and other belts on and wall la it works no binds or anything. I cycled it several times and no problems. WTF?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse