Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball lift motor part deux!

It never fails that if you don't order something after you put the last one on the machine..... where is that pesky Murphy...

Wednesday night I lost another 1/4 HP Baldor. This is the second motor over the last 3 years. This happens to be one bad run of luck for motors on this pair of lanes. What size and type motor are you replacing in the ball lift? It seems from my past experience that when I replaced the motor, I started using 1/2 HP, but it has been a long time since I have bought new ball lift motors (4 to 5 years). I am using what has already been bought, so I am looking for ideas on what to purchase for the next failure. (Remember, I am 2500 miles away from Honolulu, HI, so I am limited to at least a two week mail run.)

I have a generator shop dude going to see if he can repair the two motors that are toasted (one is a 1/4 HP - GE the other the Baldor), but I'm not banking on a repair until it actually happens. All thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I think you should find the biggest gun you have and start searching for that Murphy guy...you are having nothing but bad luck out there in the middle of the ocean.

To answer you question though, I have been using the Brunswick replacement motor for my power lifts and have had great success with them. I am sure there will be others that will chime in with what they have been using and you should have something that should work. All the other motors that I use are usually from Grainger...but they do not make anything that I like for this application.

Good hunting by the way.
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Are you talking about the Quality 1/3 HP motor? 53-5299H?

Comment

That would be a good alternative but the last motor I bought was the 53-860322-010 and it is a 1/4 horse instead of the 1/3 that Quality sells.
        Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Thanks Steve.. I'll check with my supplier and work a deal..

Comment

Let's see...if we here in the States start shipping it now, you should get it by Christmas...right?

Good luck...
            Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse