Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New scoring and SPL lanes coming in May

Hey fellas, I was wondering what kinda things or modification that I might expect to do for a new install of QubicAMF scoring system and replacement of wooden lanes to synthetics SPL's. We are doing the renovations the 2nd week of May. So I need to get all the info that I can get. I know I am going to have to raise the height of the decks to adjust for the new lanes. Also, I am going to have 27" CRT upper monitors and lower monitors for sale and any electronics that go with them.

One thing to really pay attention to during the installation is the routing of the cables. Make certain that the curtain wall chassis cables to bowler's table are out of the way of any moving parts and ball tracks. Watch closely how the scorer cables are routed into the pinsetter's electrical boxes.

Also, make certain that, if you're going to keep your wood approaches, there is support for the approach/lane connection at the foul line. Many times when the installers are in a hurry to get the job done, they'll slice the approach at the foul line, and don't install a support at the foul line. Over time, the approach will sag, making for a bump in the approach or lane.

Good luck. Hope everything goes good.

Comment

Since you have Brunswick machines and you're taking off ASXX scoring, get them to install the F-box and interface with the new pins solenoids. It is a feature you'll sorely miss if it is not hooked up. No-tap, fouls and 10th frame modified cycles will be gone without it.
      Raising the machine - most of the time - can be done by just lengthening the set screw studs at each foot. Sometimes, you have to get longer hardware for the foot. But I'd say we have only had to do this less that 20% of the time. Most of the time, the lowering of the machine over time (with sanding of the wood lanes) is done with the deck lift shafts and front rake arms, but if the decks are really low, they may have had to lower the frame with the same setscrews. You'll just get them back up to where they probably were when the lanes were new .
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Do not raise the height of the deck...raise the height of the machine as a whole. Raising just the deck can cause issues with the 5 pin in the deck chute touching the bottom of the pin release lever...causing deck jams. Since you state that you have A's...the change should be relatively easy. Longer bolts 1/2"-13X4" should work fine. Longer set screws 3/8"-16X1 3/4" also. This will allow you to raise you machines and prevent issues from the deck being too high relative to the turret. Since you have a few months, you can work on obtaining the needed hardware.

Are you getting 6 boxes or F boxes. F boxes will give you some options that you might enjoy having. New pin solenoids are an option if you have F boxes. Just a thought...
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

MAKE Shir electrician installs a dedicated power supply for all your C W C s
          And front pc with hold house Serge protection

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
            Do not raise the height of the deck...raise the height of the machine as a whole. Raising just the deck can cause issues with the 5 pin in the deck chute touching the bottom of the pin release lever...causing deck jams.
            Been there done that. New lanes a few years ago and I went through and just raised the decks. Not a ton of problems resulted, but enough. after going and adjusting the machine height and level (deck shaft adjustment according to the manual i believe) and lowering decks back down you're on your way. The kicker is after you get going through the house this adjustment gets faster and faster, and once your done, you dont have to worry about it anymore

Comment

To determine if the deck has been lowered over the years (vs the entire frame), check the height from the pin deck to the bottom of the rake shaft. When installed, it should be 68", and the deck in spotting position should be 3/4" to 13/16". Check it now, then check it after they put in the new decks. This will tell you if / how muchthe frame feet need adjusted.

Comment

On A/s- 63 11/16" to 63 3/4"
                rfm

Comment

Many would think that the pin deck is cut over time and then the pin deck being installed would only bring it back up to where it would have originally started. Although this could be true...the area in front of the pin deck (pine section) does not get cut as much over the same time period. Due to this difference in cutting over time, the area in front of the pin deck is what will be eventually used to determine the new pin deck height. Imagine this...if the area in front of the pin deck (pine section) was never cut from the original install, the new surface that is going in would be 7/16 inch higher than the original surface...and that original surface was the height of the original pin deck. When the new pin deck is installed...it will be the same height as the new surface out in front of the pin deck...which you can see has the possibility of being higher than the original height of the pin deck. This would mean that you would need to raise the machine and this amount might exceed the amount left on the hardware holding the machine on top of the kickbacks. I hope this helps some understand why you might need longer hardware to be able to put the pinsetter back in place above the pin deck.

Thougths?
                  Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Sorry Roscoe - I looked at the wrong line on my drawing.

Comment

First of all, I would like to Thank you all for the advise. @ Steve, you're absolutly right about the pine wood in front of the pin decks the last couple of times we just sanded and resurfaced. I'm also pretty sure with the AMF 3QT it has the 10th frame/ no-tap/ and fouls are built in to it. I asked about it and the QubicaAMF rep. said it was. I'll respond more later, have a little issue to take care of.

Comment

The 3QT will act on the foul/no tap/10th frame by cycling the pinsetter again if you do not have the NPS installed with an F Box. In order to use the NPS, you will need to have the F Box installed and run wire to the NPS. You would need to select certain options in the software to make it work also.
                        Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse