Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This can't be a postive thing...

As I was following the wise instructions of those on this board in getting rid of the squesl on 6 i came across this issue. We decided that teh squeal was the turret clucth facings. Can I reassemble the turret rings and ball bearings with these two pieces attached?
    Attached Files

The outer race for those ball bearings has to bolt to the top of the turret frame. The indexing cam has to be below the turret frame. So you would have to have all those parts and the turret frame together just right to assemble it. If you have six hands and build ships in bottles for fun it might be possible. As a practical matter, no. You will either need to cut the weld or junk both parts in the picture.

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...l=1#post280756

An old thread about assembling these.
    Last edited by mr.badwrench; 02-24-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I trouble shot that one correctly, LOL. I underestimated the amont of hands by 4 and i've only painted ships in the bottle not built them. Looks like new parts...

Comment

I have done it..no fun but it can be done.

Place a cardboard box strong enough to support the inner ring on top of the 5 pin chute. Deck is down enough to put box in and then place inner ring up and through the turret frame. Place middle clamping plate in place on turret. Raise deck by hand with help of someone until the two races align. The outer ring is a bit of a challenge but you can cut 4 pieces of wood to the proper height. Each will be under the outer ring on top of a part of the turret frame directly underneath. Place the ball bearings slowly so as not to drop any of them. When they are all in, place upper clamping plate on, place wick around inner race and lastly the wick retainer. Bolt all in place. Lower deck back down and remove cardboard box.

Hope this helps...
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
          I have done it..no fun but it can be done.

Place a cardboard box strong enough to support the inner ring on top of the 5 pin chute. Deck is down enough to put box in and then place inner ring up and through the turret frame. Place middle clamping plate in place on turret. Raise deck by hand with help of someone until the two races align. The outer ring is a bit of a challenge but you can cut 4 pieces of wood to the proper height. Each will be under the outer ring on top of a part of the turret frame directly underneath. Place the ball bearings slowly so as not to drop any of them. When they are all in, place upper clamping plate on, place wick around inner race and lastly the wick retainer. Bolt all in place. Lower deck back down and remove cardboard box.

Hope this helps...
          steve
          [ just replaced with rebuilt one ]if you have one
          with that being sad yours is the only other way to go

Comment

wepauls...I agree. If you have a spare...by all means install it. When I did this I was not in my center and the proprietor did not have a spare...of anything! He does now.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse