Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kid on the block!

Hey Guys - Just placed a parts order through my local distributor and they wanted me to take a peek at a new supplier...www.kegel.net/pinsetterparts/
    Jerry Smith
    NorthWest BowlTech

I saw some of those parts in person this past monday at a kegel seminar in Buffalo NY. They look like very hight quality parts. Some very different innovative parts I would like to try. That degree wheel for the 1:1 looks pretty cool. And their deck holding hook is pretty heavy duty! The jogger arm bushing looks good. And their 1 piece plastic guide rollers look interesting. I definantly would want to give those a shot and see how they hold up. I would like to see an upper ball wheel guide roller though because those are the ones that the urethane usually fails on for me. ...(they should come out with a Heavy duty 1 piece upper ball wheel guide roller with a slot for the ball wheel belt for the upper guide roller...like a combination of the normal lower r.h. ball wheel guide roller, and the upper l.h. heavy duty style ball wheel guide roller )
    Nick

Comment

I read their catalog and viewed their stress test video. This video is pretentious and insulting to anyone on the bowling industry to have a hammer as a stress test. Are you serious BAR STOCK aluminum vs cast aluminum and UHMW. Seriously? Cold rolled steel without outside processing? Your cast aluminum sample isn't the proper material for this application. Use the proper test equipment.
      These are inferior materials. Looks are deceiving.

http://www.amcbowlingproducts.com

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok77l...yPJyOm0pqdwwP1

looks like a decent test to me. I realize that the links don't really experience that type of a force in that direction, but it does seem to be a stronger link. Links do break, and it seems to illustrate that these ones may break less than the regular ones.

New ideas are not necessarily good or bad in and of themselves.......a nylon pingate strap, what a stupid idea....not! I love those straps, and the green enviro straps are even better! The 1 piece green urethane upper ball wheel guide rollers from years ago(flange and hub same material) not a good product at all.

I wouldn't mind trying the products and basing my judgement on just that
        Nick

Comment

As you guys know, time will tell. And things that don't work too well, or last too long, will probably be disected, discussed, and debated right here. I'm staying tuned.....
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I agree with you Ted. I wanna see some of them out in the field before making a judgement for or against any of those parts.

Dave
            When I die bury my balls next to the old bag!

Comment

as far as their linkages go, i wouldn't get them. my thinking is this... in the event that their links were to bend, would it not create a bind and prevent the linkages from moving properly whereas the aluminum would break and you'd still have at least 1 link (or the whole other side) to still keep it on track somewhat. could be wrong, but that's just what I was thinking when I was watching that video. I'd rather have something like that shear vs bend and create a bind and not work. just my opinion.
              [email protected] | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

I have a lot of respect for Kegel and their claim about passion for lanes. I do not know what their experience is on bowling machines though. If they are looking to expand into the machine area from the lanes...cool. But they will need to earn the respect in that area just as they did in the lane area. Time will tell...
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I have to agree with Steve. Time will tell.

It was the same with Enviro Bushings. We have learned that some of their parts are extremely durable, and other parts suck (to be blunt). It's not that the company as a whole is either great or poor, it's how we apply the parts to our usage. And remember the retailer's point of view; if a product doesn't sell, it will be replaced with something that will sell. The consumer is the judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
                    I have a lot of respect for Kegel and their claim about passion for lanes. I do not know what their experience is on bowling machines though. If they are looking to expand into the machine area from the lanes...cool. But they will need to earn the respect in that area just as they did in the lane area. Time will tell...
                    I respect them too, It has to do with most of their people have been in the bowling buisness for 25+ yrs. Alot were mech. at one point so they DO have a clue.

Comment

I know folks that have been in this business since before I was born...or almost anyway...and they don't have a clue. Being in this business for a long time does not make you better than those that have not been around near as long. Just my opinion...
                      Main Event Entertainment

Comment

I know folks that have been in this business since before I was born...or almost anyway...and they don't have a clue. Being in this business for a long time does not make you better than those that have not been around near as long. Just my opinion...
                        Steve, all I'm saying is they are not the turd salesmen that comes in and fumbles through his book when asked a question.

Comment

LOL...I have seen those guys.

You want to take them out back, stuff them in a 5 pin chute and turn the machine on. Then tell him "It slices, it dices and it even makes julian frys!"
                          Main Event Entertainment

Comment

LOL...I have seen those guys.

You want to take them out back, stuff them in a 5 pin chute and turn the machine on. Then tell him "It slices, it dices and it even makes julian frys!"
                            I can tell you who I will NOT be visiting any time soon!

Charlie
                            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Fox View Post
                              I can tell you who I will NOT be visiting any time soon!

Charlie
                              LMAO.........HOLY CRAP THATS FUNNY
                              DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse