Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear box stand

The time is drawing near to pull my first gear box... pulling it because the bottom 2 1:1 bolts are strips. Going to try to repair with heli-coil...

anyway back on topic

I don't have access to a spare machine frame, nor the means to purchase a machine. So here's my thought, so feel free to post pros and cons, as this is a new process for me....

I'm thinking of using PVC tubing. With the thought that the shorter the pipe, the stronger it may be. so I'm thinking maybe a 6" run at the top to mount the GBX to, legs coming down at 45' (for strength and stability) and possibly putting it on wheels.

Thoughts??

This one I did make from some pinsetter frame parts, and a junk pit frame (you only need so many frame parts!)

100_1837.jpg

100_1789.jpg

If you don't have access to these types of materials, I would go with wood rather than a pvc pipe. I don't think the pvc would be strong enough to support the gearbox. You could use a 2 x 4 (or two 2x4s screwed together) with bolts sticking out of it upwards for the 2 feet of the gearbox housing and the 4:1 bracket..
    Nick

Comment

I went with wood when I made my stand
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

When I was still with Schemm Bowling we made some for Brunswick out of transmission stands. Along with some round and square steel they were awesome. I may have a pic somewhere. The reason we used transmission stands was that it had to be disassembled and loaded in a van, for Brunswicks Gearbox seminars.
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Your not with schemm anymore alex?

Who you with bud?

Mike
          DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Here is a stand i made have been using for quite some time,

2011-12-27_15-06-04_68.jpg

I will snap a pic of another im playing around with tomorrow

Mike

Comment

Here is the other stand im working on, Still not finished have a few more things to do to make it strong and safe... Just kind of set up now

2012-03-07_10-45-08_102.jpg

Comment

Mastermike:
                I liked the first one better, the second looks like it would be hard on the old back.
                rfm

Comment

Nice pics Mastermike Im thinking I might try a wooden one, just for ease of building.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    Mastermike:
                    I liked the first one better, the second looks like it would be hard on the old back.
                    I hear thyat Roscoe...I agree with ya

I decided to do the second one to come up with a quick way to use a gearbox as a training device for my B mechanic... That way the first one i use for rebuilds....
                    Just have to sit on floor to work on box...LOL....

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by speir01 View Post
                      Nice pics Mastermike Im thinking I might try a wooden one, just for ease of building.
                      Thanks speir01

Mike

Comment

i remeber seeing a g/b stand here years ago where the person who built it, also mounted a motor to the base of the stand so he could run it on the stand.
                        anyone else remember it, or have pictures? will try and see if i can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Czervik View Post
                          i remeber seeing a g/b stand here years ago where the person who built it, also mounted a motor to the base of the stand so he could run it on the stand.
                          anyone else remember it, or have pictures? will try and see if i can find it.

Frank miroballi has one like this for his pinsetter school.
                          Nick

Comment

Mike,
                            I'm back in Orlando working in a center.
                            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                            Cloth: ShamWow!
                            Machine: Johnny 5
                            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Good deal Alex,
                              Enjoy man....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X