Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear box stand

The time is drawing near to pull my first gear box... pulling it because the bottom 2 1:1 bolts are strips. Going to try to repair with heli-coil...

anyway back on topic

I don't have access to a spare machine frame, nor the means to purchase a machine. So here's my thought, so feel free to post pros and cons, as this is a new process for me....

I'm thinking of using PVC tubing. With the thought that the shorter the pipe, the stronger it may be. so I'm thinking maybe a 6" run at the top to mount the GBX to, legs coming down at 45' (for strength and stability) and possibly putting it on wheels.

Thoughts??

This one I did make from some pinsetter frame parts, and a junk pit frame (you only need so many frame parts!)

100_1837.jpg

100_1789.jpg

If you don't have access to these types of materials, I would go with wood rather than a pvc pipe. I don't think the pvc would be strong enough to support the gearbox. You could use a 2 x 4 (or two 2x4s screwed together) with bolts sticking out of it upwards for the 2 feet of the gearbox housing and the 4:1 bracket..
    Nick

Comment

I went with wood when I made my stand
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

When I was still with Schemm Bowling we made some for Brunswick out of transmission stands. Along with some round and square steel they were awesome. I may have a pic somewhere. The reason we used transmission stands was that it had to be disassembled and loaded in a van, for Brunswicks Gearbox seminars.
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Your not with schemm anymore alex?

Who you with bud?

Mike
          DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Here is a stand i made have been using for quite some time,

2011-12-27_15-06-04_68.jpg

I will snap a pic of another im playing around with tomorrow

Mike

Comment

Here is the other stand im working on, Still not finished have a few more things to do to make it strong and safe... Just kind of set up now

2012-03-07_10-45-08_102.jpg

Comment

Mastermike:
                I liked the first one better, the second looks like it would be hard on the old back.
                rfm

Comment

Nice pics Mastermike Im thinking I might try a wooden one, just for ease of building.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    Mastermike:
                    I liked the first one better, the second looks like it would be hard on the old back.
                    I hear thyat Roscoe...I agree with ya

I decided to do the second one to come up with a quick way to use a gearbox as a training device for my B mechanic... That way the first one i use for rebuilds....
                    Just have to sit on floor to work on box...LOL....

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by speir01 View Post
                      Nice pics Mastermike Im thinking I might try a wooden one, just for ease of building.
                      Thanks speir01

Mike

Comment

i remeber seeing a g/b stand here years ago where the person who built it, also mounted a motor to the base of the stand so he could run it on the stand.
                        anyone else remember it, or have pictures? will try and see if i can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Czervik View Post
                          i remeber seeing a g/b stand here years ago where the person who built it, also mounted a motor to the base of the stand so he could run it on the stand.
                          anyone else remember it, or have pictures? will try and see if i can find it.

Frank miroballi has one like this for his pinsetter school.
                          Nick

Comment

Mike,
                            I'm back in Orlando working in a center.
                            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                            Cloth: ShamWow!
                            Machine: Johnny 5
                            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Good deal Alex,
                              Enjoy man....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse