Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken bolt

IMG_20120302_183849.jpg the upper left bolt (bolt closest to pin) will not tighten. when I went to take the old set of linkages out, i saw that the bracket was just hanging there. the bolt in question was sheared off, and the other bolt worked itself out. i was able to get the broken bolt out, and just re-threaded the hole (yes, I made sure it was the right size). however, I think it's wallowed out. is there a good way to fix it so I can tighten it all the way down? the 2nd bolt is fine and tight. just not the other one in question. i saw ZOT has a kit for that, but wasn't sure if it's good or not. thought of using "Time-Sert" like i did on my turret frame a while back. any ideas would be appreciated.
    [email protected] | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Quality part #12-2543 Double mount cushion bracket. I just installed on of these. You can get by with 3 bolts to hold the whole thing on.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

I see you painted your pit cushion arms but the welded track brace looks like it could use some paint.
      (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

John, There should be some room to enlarge the holes on the bracket and redrill hole to size and then thread it. If you had wood kickbacks you could chisel out some of the wood from under the metel plate and put a locknut on it.

Dave
        When I die bury my balls next to the old bag!

Comment

drill and tap for a 7/16" thread bolt. Enlarge the hole on the bracket to accept the bolt.
          Nick

Comment

I have done the chiseling idea years ago,works good, The quality kit works also, I have also replaced the x pins holding the arms with a 3/8 or 1/2 inch(don't remember) threaded rod with nuts on both ends which holds both sides together as one unit (really strong) and then you can use 3 bolts to hold it down to the kickback,good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
              I see you painted your pit cushion arms but the welded track brace looks like it could use some paint.
              give me time I just started here and working on rebuilding/painting everything I have time for. i'll post some pics later of before/after. trust me you wont believe it!

Comment

The Zot kit has never failed me. I think it has the least down time too.

Comment

Has anyone tried using a helicoil repair. Although I haven't, I've heard of someone doing it with success.

With the four hole ZOT mount, wouldn't you need to also shim the opposite side of the next lane (depending on the arrangement) to keep the pit cushion level?
                  Last edited by Kanga (James); 03-06-2012, 01:47 AM.
                  Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                  Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                  Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                  Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Heli-coils work great, cheap too.
                    rfm

Comment

what about Time-Sert? I think that's the name of the stuff. Same idea I believe. I know I used it on a turret frame a while back with GREAT success! I will look into that for that trouble spot. Thanks guys for the ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSebeny View Post
                        give me time I just started here and working on rebuilding/painting everything I have time for. i'll post some pics later of before/after. trust me you wont believe it!
                        Just making an observation. Maybe my twisted sense of humor. Hope I didn't offend you. From the picture your machine looks pretty clean. I probably would believe it, I've sees some pretty messed up places.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga View Post
                          Has anyone tried using a helicoil repair. Although I haven't, I've heard of someone doing it with success.

With the four hole ZOT mount, wouldn't you need to also shim the opposite side of the next lane (depending on the arrangement) to keep the pit cushion level?
                          I would think you would have a problem with the level of the pit cushion if you used the ZOT repair kit. The original Quality bracket was for only a single and if you were on the narrow kickback you would have to stack two causing the same leveling problem. The new double one from Quality is one piece with no leveling issues. I have used helicoils before and they work great. Not on this application though.

Comment

Why not on this application?
                            rfm

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
                              I have used helicoils before and they work great. Not on this application though.
                              Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                              Why not on this application?
                              He might mean that he hasn't used them for this application.... instead of that they don't work good for this application. The last sentance could be understood both ways.
                              Nick

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse