Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck lift shaft bolt.

Bolt has worked itself clear out to accellerator frame. I have spanner wrench for bearing,but can not get it started back in. I tried to turn bolt with needle nose locking pliers. No luck. It appears I may have to loosen ball acc. frame? Thanks.

If you can take out the bottom bolts for the rear accelerator supports you can access the bolt with the proper allen wrench. It's kinda a pain in the ass, but it's the best way.

Comment

Cycle machine to get the weight off the deck shaft, either sitting on the pins or at 270 sitting on some blocks. If the shaft hasnt fallen out, bolt must still be in there enough to hold it in place. Have you tried to turn the bearing stud with the wrench (being careful which way you are turning it)

Marty - Pro Bowl West
      56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
      2 Kustodian Walkers
      http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
        If you can take out the bottom bolts for the rear accelerator supports you can access the bolt with the proper allen wrench. It's kinda a pain in the ass, but it's the best way.
        Or you could take off the two 1/2 inch nuts on top of the back rubber mounts and tie the accelerator up with something. Both good ideas though. It seems that somehow you are going to have to get access to the bolt.
        (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Oops, the nuts are not 1/2. The wrench size is 1/2 inch!
          (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Originally posted by yazu View Post
            Bolt has worked itself clear out to accelerator frame. I have spanner wrench for bearing,but can not get it started back in. I tried to turn bolt with needle nose locking pliers. No luck. It appears I may have to loosen ball acc. frame? Thanks.
            Wat side of the lift arm is bolt out
            left side use your vice grips to hold bolt with spanner wrench go up with wrench
            right side go down with wrench
            you still may have to remove a bracket to get it titer

Comment

I put it at 270. I wedged a screwdiver for leverage against end of bolt. I could turn with needle nose and hold wrench. I was not able to gain any ground though. It is on the 10 pin side. I had lg. and glow bowl so I did not "get ur done." Think I will try the rubber mounts first, soon. Thanks again. Like Pete (rip) said "ya need to be a midget with 4 hands."

Comment

Take the y switch and the transition plate off as well as the two grommet nuts, and you can block it up enough to get to the bolt
                rfm

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse