Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Deck Scissor Latch

We are trying to adjust the "Moving Deck-Scissor Latch" as per the book. (1/8") When we do so it blocks out the "Moving Deck" every time. If we narrow the gap (1/16"), or even a little less, it still blocks out the deck about 75% of the time. At this point if we make the adjustment one half turn in either direction, it either blocks out the deck or the scissors.

We had this problem last week and we found that there was a small amount of play between the "D-Shaft" and the selector. We replaced the Small Roll Pin and we went 5 days without a stop. Now the problem is back and we are stumped.

Just asking but did you use the real roll pin or a split pin? The split pin will give up quickly.
    70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
    Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Never heard the term split pin. I used a steal roll pin. The one I removed was designed like a roll of paper towels (rolled). Not sure what type of metal its made out of but its easily bent or smashed.

Comment

What does the blocking surface on the moving deck cam follower look like?

Marty - Pro Bowl West
        56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
        2 Kustodian Walkers
        http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

I just removed the moving deck cam follower to inspect. It appears to be normal although the shaft had a worn spot on it. I had a freshly rebuilt mdcf and a new shaft so I replaced both. still same problem.

Comment

Is the stud that holds the latch to the side of the detector plate tight.

Comment

Yes jbl its tight.

Comment

Are you adjusting the latch with the detector at its interpretation of 0 degrees? Meaning after the latch has made its final movement at the end of the cycle, regardless of the position of the 4:1 or 1:1 components.
                Last edited by Kanga (James); 03-09-2012, 05:37 AM.
                Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

cycle the pinsetter to 1st ball strike and watch the strike cam follower to see if it drops all the way in the low of the cam. If it doesnt you have a bind somewhere, there is a guide pin on the 1-1 cover plate behind the latch that can work its way out and cause a bind or it could be coming from as far back as the trigger linkages, just a thought. does the latch move free and with full range of motion at 0 ?
                  formerly dunsel
                  ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

The pin you described as looking like a roll of paper towels is called a spirol pin. A spirol pin is a self sacrificing part and should be used where stated. Make you adjustment at about 22 degrees...rake crank arm will be pointed straight up. This will insure the proper position of the D shaft. You may also want to look at the spirol pin attaching the strike cam follower to the D shaft.
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse